𝐋𝐈𝐕. 𝒓𝒆𝒅 feathers

𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

The start of a new year is a time for resolutions and new beginnings. Whatever happened the year before, it was time to let it be the past and take on a new year all over again.

Letting go of this year was one thing she wasn't sure she'd ever do. So much had happened in a year than the past few she had gotten.

To celebrate, the students of U.A. were granted time to go home and be with their families to do so. To start the new year off with their loved ones.

The Amajiki household had been spotless by the time the sun fell below the horizon from their rigorous cleaning all day, a fresh start and tradition they carried out.

Her grandparents had done most of it, but the Amajiki siblings made sure to help out the moment they arrived home, only to be sent to their rooms to make sure those would be done too.

The family, reduced to a mere five, sat together happily as they had a nice dinner of celebration, cleaning up shortly after.

When they returned to the table, they simply enjoyed one another company as they traditionally did every year.

Asumi's thoughts had lingered on the fact the new year was already beginning, and how significant it was to her.

Year after year, she wished for her mistakes to vanish, to learn to love herself as she was, and maybe, just maybe, the people in the world she had built walls up to shut out.

Her life had been so hard, for as long as her memories could retrain. The burden of blame had always lingered on her shoulders, but this year showed her that she didn't have to suffer a burden alone.

The blame would always be hers, but for once, she wasn't so alone.

This year she had gone to a school and stuck around.

This year she had expanded her horizons from Todoroki.

This year she had let her walls down.

This year she accepted Yume, gave her a name and worked with her.

This year she made friends.

This year... Well, this year she was certain she had learned that she was capable of love, in more ways than one.

Perhaps this coming year she could reach for the white light at the end of the tunnel that tugged at her heart. Her friends waited for her there, her remaining family, as well as Katsuki Bakugo who would drag her if she fell back into the darkness.

With the icy touch lingering on her shoulder, like a dark shadow beckoning the girl back, she knew that this year hadn't rid her of all of her demons. A part of her knew she'd have to face it, but she simply wasn't ready to let go of the glimpse of light she had gotten.