𝐕𝐈𝐈 ; living 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔

𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

She was tired. So, so tired.

When the door opened again and she was pushed out of the room, that sinking feeling returned. Other helping her sleep wasn't enough.

She wanted to go home. She could sleep in her bed there.

But they wouldn't let her.

Her body was too tired, too weak to fight her restraints anymore. The girl was just happy to at least be on a bed, as uncomfortable as it was.

They lifted her fragile body from the bed, only to seat and restrain her in a chair instead. There was always something keeping her in place even though she had absolutely nowhere to go. The poor child wouldn't make it very far. The pacing she had done in her isolated square of a room had done nothing to strengthen her legs now that she was too tired to try. With one step, she was sure her knees would buckle, and her body would follow suit.

Her hooded, emerald eyes watched them fasten the last straps around her wrists, having to pull it so tight with extra slack since her wrists were thin as bone. Even her already fair skin was paled to a point of translucence. Her nose scrunched when she realized how dirty she was. When was the last time she had a bath? She couldn't remember.

The girl was so out of it that the other person's squirming and muffled screams had turned into white noise.

They too were restrained like her, but they were there for different purposes.

"Go ahead, Asumi. Begin."

She weakly shook her head as she stared at the man in front of her dizzily.

His clothes were dirty and ripped like hers. He had shaggy brown hair and a little stubble along his chin. His bloodshot eyes told her he probably had a really rough night, if him screaming through a rag in his mouth wasn't enough to give it away.

"Do it."

Asumi remembered the first time they brought her in here. She had already been there for weeks, terrified out of her mind for all that occurred in those days. The days that had changed her entire life.

She didn't know what they wanted from her as they screamed at her, which she had paid the price for.

But now she knew all too well.

"Do I have to?" Asumi whined, lolling her head over.

"Yes! Do it or you'll be punished! You don't want that to happen again, do you?" A shiver ran down her spine at the threat. The so-called 'punishment' really did suck, and she had the wounds to prove it. However, doing what they asked also led to her self-inflicted punishment as well.