𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗. the 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒗𝒆 boy and basket case

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞

At a glance, one might've thought Katsuki Bakugo was an arrogant idiot who didn't know how to work as a team.

She'd have to say she'd agree with anyone who said that but would argue that it was not always true as of recently. He was learning how to be a team player, and she knew all too well that his harsh spoken words didn't always match his actions.

Perhaps she got too good at reading him and all of his quirks that made him Bakugo, but she didn't read too much into why she did it.

Like now, she was watching him and the fight intensely that had taken quite a dramatic turn.

It started with Bakugo's usual behavior, seemingly leaving his time behind. Word started to stir around about him not changing much since the sports festival–something else she'd argue against.

Their entire plan seemed to backfire when a guy from Class B practically webbed them in with Sero's tape and his glue, Bakugo busy jumping and blasting away from Tokage's split body. It was quite freaky to look at, in all honesty.

Another came in, slicing the pipes so they began to fall on Bakugo's teammates... at least until Bakugo swooped in and blasted all of them away at once.

When he darted for Jiro, everyone was pleasantly surprised when Bakugo used his foot to knock her out of the way and face the attacker from Class B head-on. One explosion and he went flying, barely blocking it.

He was determined to make this match flawless with no question about their victory. Four to zero with no injuries. And to see him claim such a thing did not surprise her whatsoever.

It seemed to surprise others, however, like Monoma who spoke up from nearby, "Sorry, what? There must be something in my eyes. Looked like he protected Jiro just now."

"Heck yeah he did." Kaminari voiced from beside the indigo-haired girl, lowering his enthusiasm as he added, "By kicking her..." Hey, progress was progress.

She vaguely heard Kirishima kindly consoling Monoma that his eyes were fine behind her but kept her gaze focused on the screen as the match went on with her arms crossed over her chest.

Monoma, on the other hand, seemingly lost his mind, "Are you telling me his personality changed?!"

Kirishima cringed a little but looked back toward the screen, "I guess what he just did is kinda new. Never seen him put so much on the line but... I think it's more of an acquired change of heart."

His eyes fell from the screen to the indigo-haired girl watching the match intently, a small smile reaching his lips but he kept his thoughts to himself.

In an effort to try to take out Bakugo and create a butterfly effect with the rest of the team, Awase from Class B used his quirk to trap the boy in metal shackles to the closest piping next to him before he had a chance to dodge.