𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈 ; his hand, her 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆𝒃𝒐𝒂𝒕

𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐭

The new two days, in short, were what she could only describe as her personal hell.

The first real day, her laugh training–which she felt like was an entire waste of time–went just as poorly as the first. Her arms felt as though they might've given out by the time they moved back to other work with all the push-up punishments and her core, which she thought was decent, felt like she had been punched in the gut by All Might.

Unlike when she arrived, they were given sidekicks to train with for their quirks, though Nighteye didn't go far.

Mirio seemed to have the time of his life while she... continued to be yelled at for holding back.

And had she not been so preoccupied with her dreaded training, she would've seen the way Sir Nighteye watched with an almost knowing look in his eyes.

The second day was when she began to feel the repetitive cycle of their schedule that Nighteye was enforcing, but her restraint is what led to her being pulled into his office. It was the first time they had broken stride from their schedule of... doing everything she hated to do.

It was eerily quiet when they stepped into his office for a private chat, the day was supposed to end in another training session with their quirks but came to an abrupt stop.

And she knew why. It was inevitable.

"You won't use your quirk." He laid out the facts in an upfront manner, the two sharing the trait of not beating around the bush, "Why?"

"I'm focusing on my physical abilities to proportion my disadvantages." Her words rolled off her tongue so easily one might've thought she had rehearsed her answer. And perhaps that idea wasn't too far off.

Her mindset had become second nature as an excuse. An easy way out.

Nighteye, instead of calling this out, chose to ask almost rhetorically, "And why would you focus on a lesser disadvantage when you could center the majority of your attention on your uncontrolled quirk?"

The room shrunk in on her slightly as she hesitated, his words beginning to inch her to the corner. The question he asked was one he already knew the answer to, a realization she had come to the hard way. She was sure the sports festival had displayed her in a light that revealed a lot of herself to this hero, and who knows what else.

The exposure made her uncomfortable but wore her emotionless face like a mask she never took off, feeling her teacher staring down at her in a way that could only be compared to a parent scolding their child.

Which was strange given they had a bond that was anything but. Hell, he talked to her, at her, instructed her every move, and she always kept her lips shut if not for a witty remark now and then where she saw fit.