𝐗𝐗 ; 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕

𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭

𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭

As promised, Bakugo and Asumi trained every night after spending the days after school studying at the cafe for the entirety of the week.

She was prepared for this exam, having a bit of help, of course.

Now, the night before the exam, it didn't bother her or keep her awake. Instead, she lay away staring at the ceiling thinking about the shadow always lingering even in the dark.

They hadn't really... talked since their agreement to work together during the robbery. It was short and sweet during training, but it was training. After everything, she decided to listen to what Bakugo told her to try–a silent repayment for helping her with studying even if they helped each other.

Hello.

Instantly, it called back.

Hello.

It felt... weird to try to converse with them.

I want to talk.

Kay.

They proceeded to establish boundaries with one another, but it was very one-sided. It wasn't hard to figure out Other was a... whatever they were... of few words.

God knows how much time the silent conversation in her head went on, the two slowly warming up to one another before a knock was heard at the door causing the shadow to retreat and linger.

"Yeah?" Asumi called out while sitting up, assuming it was her brother.

That was disproved when Mirio's head poked through the door and she rolled her eyes. She was just surprised he knocked at all given he was always phasing through their walls unannounced.

She shouldn't have been surprised to know he was only a warning before the door burst open as Nejire in all of her glory came sauntering in as bubbly as ever–quite possibly more than Ashido.

"They invited themselves over." Tamaki called out from the hallway, but his explanation about his friends invading their house was already assumed from how often it happened.

"We need to have a girl talk!" The lilac-haired girl defended with the pout of her lips but it quickly upturned when she seated herself at the other end of Asumi's bed.

That upturned smile was easily recognized as a smirk, "So, I heard you had a boy in your hotel room How scandalous." Her giggle would've been contagious if Asumi wasn't so struck with shock, her face heating up a shade of red. It didn't take a genius to know what she was thinking.

"Mirio!" His head reappeared at the door, meeting her confused gaze, "You knew?"

His reply was all too innocent, "You woke me up."

Groaning, she turned back to Nejire as Mirio disappeared again, "It's not like that. At all. Especially not with him."

Nejire teased her some more but found quite a few other things to bother her with. She often did this when she was over. She always told Tamaki and her that Asumi needed girl friends in her life and being homeschooled was sheltering her, therefore she had to take it into her hands to make sure she got the full "girl experience". Nejire truly acted like a big sister, but with that came the annoying prying with such a big change in her life.