𝐋. luck is for 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒔

𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐬

A battle where they couldn't talk much because of Shinso? Well, it sounded great to her.

She may be learning to be a better team player and that was proven in the time they had to set up a plan for the battle, but she still worked better in silence. Her mind was an enigma, one very few could even begin to understand; but, Midoriya seemed to have a plan in mind that utilized her perfectly.

He had taken into account both her strengths and weaknesses, as he did with the rest of the team.

A plan that she took more trouble agreeing with was the fact that Midoriya chose to act as bait–which he was currently doing by speeding out into the open; but, he was right. It was a good strategy since they'd want to take him out first.

However, she didn't agree without getting him to agree to be his backup.

The others followed in a herd, the boy ahead of them using many hand signals to pin the locations he wanted them to go to as he laid out their first attack.

But Asumi trailed from a distance, her steps quiet but quick as she tried to remain caught up. It was what allowed her to see Monoma and Midoriya's interaction after a false scream from her teammates that she recalled running ahead, the trick of trying to get him to talk.

Class B's team was planning to take out the other four first before Midoriya, but his tricks fell short.

She watched on from a higher point in what felt like an arena.

Midoriya may have wanted to be bait, but she was an ace in the desk as someone who could also work wordlessly but effectively.

He agreed that she was a surprise attack, they just never clarified when. The element of surprise applied to both teams, entirely left up to her.

In the meantime...

If the screams of her teammates came from over there... and Monoma and Midoriya were there... then...

The indigo-haired girl came to a graceful stop as she turned past a large metal pipe that allowed her to see the masked boy with hair a shade or two lighter than her own.

His eyes immediately fell on her own upon feeling her arrival, the two face to face yet not uttering a word.

Her gaze scanned the boy across the platform concealed mostly by metal piping, noticing the way his relaxed posture stiffened slightly. His hands remained at his sides but the tensity of his fingers, how he held his hands, his stance open and ready to dodge anything, and his eyes followed her every move–including the way her head tilted teasingly.

He was on guard.

A compliment, really.

Shinso knew fully well that she played with the mind, taunted and manipulated it. Both quirk and words were capable of doing such, but he lacked the info about how it works.