𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕. don't be an idiot, they've 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 each other farther

𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

A performance, huh?

Asumi, noted by her classmates, was more... upbeat than usual. This was strange in the sense the girl could usually be seen sleeping in class or staring off into space if she wasn't smirking and bickering with Bakugo.

As it turned out, being upbeat was more tiring than she thought. By the time she arrived back at the dorms, all the sleep she had the night before had been snuffed out.

Sleeping in Bakugo's dorm proved to help, neither really voicing the fact that this was odd nor acknowledging it. It was just easier to just... not to say anything.

Bakugo had also been roughly encouraging her to take her sleep medication after finding out about her all-nighter. She complained that he wasn't her mom but he shouted back he'd force-feed them to her if he had to. Taking them herself was easier in the long run, especially since someone got back around to her brother she was taking them from Todoroki who seemed to have eyes in the walls.

Even with her fatigue catching up with her, not used to having so much energy during the day, there was still a performance to plan with the festival a month away. The whole class was standing together in the common room, trying to make definitive solutions.

Jiro was taking the lead given her experience in music, suggesting based on the points they made about what people would like, "A hardcore four-on-the-floor club song. It'll be like a rave-meets-rock show. EDM would probably be the most popular. But you guys want to play instruments, right?"

Asumi blinked, not really knowing what all that meant. She would just go along with it...

"Anyone play bass or drums or anything?" There was a long silence, but Asumi's eyes drifted to an uninterested Bakugo pretending he wasn't listening, "Okay... Well, I'd say that drums are the backbone of any band." Jiro explained she'd take on the responsibility but she would be on the guitar, so someone had to know how to play since teaching would be impossible in one month.

"Hey!" Kaminari gasped when a realization dawned on him, "Didn't you accidentally admit your parents made you take music classes when you were a kid?"

All eyes turned to Bakugo as he stared at them blankly, "Huh?"

Just when the class got excited about it, asking him if he could play, the boy was quick to shut them all down with his nose turned up, "I can't play, morons."

They all deflated, but that's when Asumi spoke up, "No, he knows how."

Bakugo glared at her as Sero asked her over the confusion, "What? How do you know?"

"His mom sent me a bunch of his baby and kid pictures to blackmail him and there's a lot with him and the drums." She shrugged, recalling her text feed with Mitsuki that took place a few weeks ago, "Should've seen his first little drum set. It was cute."