𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈. their tied 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 and shared secrets

𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

A few days of being in the dorms had passed, and everyone was slowly adjusting before returning to their normal coursework. The school was only a five-minute walk so she was a little thankful she didn't have to leave as early to get there on time, but that didn't change the fact that she was still tired.

It was her own doing, not getting much sleep no matter where she was.

In class, Aizawa was explaining the upcoming hero license exam and how they'd spent the rest of the summer working toward it. He was warning them all of how difficult the exam would be, the statistic being about fifty percent of students passing the tests each yet.

Asumi, however, was doing her best to listen to the information but was so exhausted that she was focusing on not letting her head fall. She caught herself a few times allowing her weight to take her entire head forward into her chest and nearly slamming on the desk, and after that, she decided to rest her head against her fist.

Surprisingly enough, even though Bakugo got there first with her lack of enthusiasm to get there at all, he opted for the seat behind her. Wordlessly, he let her have the seat.

Their friends were starting to note how strangely quiet it was between them, and she preferred it that way.

The girl snapped her eyes open which she hadn't realized had shut when the classroom door swung open, blinking at Midnight, Cementoss, and Ectoplasm as Aizawa announced their focus would be two ultimate moves.

She missed the entire context of the rest of it, but based on pure inference, it was more quirk-related things to prepare.

Thankfully, Ectoplasm offered some explanation, "When we say "ultimate," we mean a move that will ensure you win against your opponent."

Cementosss nodded, "An action so unique to your identity that no other person can hope to copy it. Simply put, you must learn to lean into your strengths."

"Your moves represent who you are. These days, most pro heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don't are fools." Midnight finished.

As they were instructed to change into their hero costumes and meet in Gym Gamma, Asumi let her head fall against the desk. This day was going to be long.

☯︎

Gym Gamma was an enormous space dedicated to training where they'd spend the rest of the summer perfecting their ultimatum moves, and Cementoss made quick work of making unique terrain and obstacles from the floor for the students to train around with Ectoplasm's doubles waiting for each of them.

The exam was made in mind for not only fighting but also their ability to gather information, make quick decisions, and their communication, leading, and cooperation skills. Ultimate moves would be helpful in this circumstance as well, so the teachers went on to explain their importance and how it was essential for pro heroes, also suggesting that it didn't have to be an attack. It was something that gave the hero an edge.