𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. tricking the mind, 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 her heart

𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝, 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

A mock clap echoed, a congrats for Best Jeanist's quick thinking to yank everyone's clothing to get them out of the way of the blast just in time; but, it was almost mocking.

The mocking clap reverberated endlessly in her head, overshadowing All For One's voice.

She couldn't move, she couldn't think properly, and all of her senses washed down the gutter to place her in what felt like an empty void of nothingness. It was suffocating to be trapped in infinity only to feel like arms wrapped around her body crushing her. It was her own mind that had been crushing her in the first place.

Watching All For One strike the last hero in the complex, Best Jeanist, right through his gut to leave a hole far enough to see through to the other end. Hearing the choking sound he made as he collapsed onto his back to hide in the slowly dissipating smoke with his blood seeping out onto the floor.

Fear ate away at her like a monster, and it was why she remained hidden in hopes of fleeing. She was never one to run, but the girl was not currently one of a hero-in-training but a frightened child nabbed by her sister as a way-in with trust with the villains and was used tirelessly as a vessel.

A cough sounded, and she recognized the voice all too well, "Damn it. The hell?"

Bakugo? Her heart fell within her chest, like dropping a weight from a rooftop only to shatter within her swirling stomach.

He probably got there the same way she did, and by force.

"My apologies, Bakugo." All For One used a voice as though talking to a child, one she had heard within her days with him as well.

"Huh?"

The League of Villains then arrived in a mucky liquid, not quite using Kurogiri's quirk but likely one of All For One's to get them all in one place.

"Lightswitch?" She heard and Asumi froze, nearly forgetting what she had done and thought she was visible.

That was not the case.

Her head trembled as she peeked no farther than the corner of her eye behind a wall of rubble she ducked to when she still had a cloud of smoke as cover right after the explosion–with the help of Best Jeanist.

She saw the League, All For One, then Bakugo staring at the unmoving and visibly frightened version of herself that was littered with cuts and scrapes.

It had not been actually her, but the techniques she had been practicing at the training camp. It was merely a lucid allusion brought to life using one of her greater fears. In doing so, her alternate self remained completely still but looked so life-like that she might've just been stuck with fear or maybe shock. It had convinced Bakugo, and she hoped it convinced the villains as well.