𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗. her 𝒔𝒖𝒏

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐧

𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐧

The few days that had passed felt like Asumi's personal hell, unable to do anything but remain on stand-by as the pros narrowed down her location. Adding to her feeling of uselessness, they weren't allowed to say a word about the whole ordeal.

It was a silent cage, everyone noticing those who had work studies acting a little more odd than normal with their minds everywhere but class.

What made it a little easier was the fact there were other people in the work studies, and they confided in each other to get through the silence. Kirishima, Uraraka, Asui, Midoriya, and herself all wanted to participate in the rescue despite it not being an obligation. Their roles were supposed to be minimal, but she had a feeling it wasn't going to work out that way.

Asumi knew she couldn't minimally participate, at least.

But the fact she was barely holding it together left her vulnerable, and her wavered focus drew her scattered mind to the depth of her mind that had been pretty good about sleeping, recently.

"Please." A whimper left her throat the longer she stared at the ceiling of the room. She stared at it endlessly, constantly trapped within the space when they had no use for her or needed nothing from the soul attached to her own.

Helplessness held her heart like a weight but was unable to cry. Her tears had been used up for the day leaving her cheeks red and rashed, slightly squinted from the puffiness.

For weeks, not that she had been able to keep track, the little girl hoped for her rescue.

She often imagined the sound of fighting past the door, the only dream she seemed to be capable of anymore.

She had no idea that her last dreams while tucked away in her childhood home would be her last.

They'd bust through the door and then would run right to her. She imagined her tears would magically come back as they undid the annoying restraints over her wrists and ankles on the uncomfortable bed.

And like her dream of being saved had been ripped away and replaced with the feeling of hopelessness the more time ticked by and the days repeated themselves over and over. No one was coming for her.

Strangely enough, unlike her usual nightmares, the voice that had been haunting her for days had echoed in her mind once more. Her own voice had melted into another, just a frightened and innocent, "Please."

Eri.

Her voice shattered her heart into a thousand pieces, and she didn't have it in her to pick up the pieces until she knew she was safe. She had to–

"Please."

That voice. Whose voice was that?

"Please, it hurts."