𝐈𝐗 ; 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒔 on rooftops

𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐬

She had been in that dark room for days now, and the only other person in there with her refused to speak a word. They were very poor company for a child.

So, when a kid came to her door, who was she to deny the offer of a way out?

Locking the door behind them after he led her out of the room, he couldn't help but grow irritated as she stared at him. It felt like daggers right into the side of his neck where just let her gaze linger as they walked.

"You're Shi's friend." Asumi finally said, breaking the silence. There were no questions about her kidnapping, nor screaming and crying. Of all things, it was curious that she'd choose that. Though, even at a young age, she tended to only be upset with someone if they gave her a reason. So far? He had done nothing. Besides, he looked a little older than her, around the age of nine or ten.

He grimaced at the word. That wasn't quite the one he'd use to describe their relationship, but muttered a small, "Yeah."

"You have a lot of scratches on your neck."

He forced himself not to roll his eyes at the obvious statement, "Yeah."

"Where are we going?" There it was. The golden question. Why now was she pried from her room of confinement?

"Master wanted me to show you something." He stated simply as they turned a corner down a darker hallway.

Asumi knew of this Master—well, his Master it seemed. He was the reason she was locked in there, wasn't he? She heard him give the order.

Even still, her eyes lit up, "Show me what?"

They stopped in front of a door, its locks all opened. It had a very scary look in a child's opinion, bordered with rust and heavy with iron. If only she had listened to the intuition that whatever was behind it was just as scary, if not more.

It creaked open slowly, her neck craning to the side for a peek as it slowly revealed what was inside.

She wished that closed her eyes.

She wished that she had stayed in her room.

Anything to not see the black body bags in there. There had to have been more than a dozen stacked up onto one another, and she only knew what they were because of the outline of their shape. Those were... dead people.

"Master wanted me to show you what will happen if you don't do it."

☯︎

Blazing sirens are what first awoke her, much like an annoying alarm in the morning. Her eyes blinked rapidly as the sun blinded her, causing the girl to raise a hand over her face. In doing so, the male waiting beside her realized she was awake.