𝐎 ; 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Children in front of the TV can quite easily be manipulated by ads to buy products, resulting in them running up to their parents and begging for the latest toy or child-meal at some fast-food place. Or the footage of pro heroes, whether that was on commercials or news footage. Their minds can be shaped and dictated into things quite easily.

Instead of running up to their parents about the latest happy meal, perhaps it was the toy of their new favorite superhero or the want to use their own quirk for good too, to one day become a hero just like them.

They are told to believe that there are good guys and there are bad guys. That's what society was trained to believe. And that belief ran deeper as the newer generations rose, raised by this mindset since before they could talk.

She was like any other child, staring at the news footage on her living room television. Pro hero All Might had saved the day again, defeating the latest villain.

Her dream? Become a pro hero like every other child at the preschool, but she'd be the first without a quirk! It would be the world's biggest revelation.

But the world was blinded by such fantasies, that the corruption at which overtook this standard was unseen—until it was far too late to take back.

They would remain blind to this unfolding until it was right in front of them, the bodies of heroes and villains that paid the consequences for such thinking.

Quirks were given at random. You had no control whether you got a "villainous" quirk, "hero" quirk, or no quirk at all. But things like that in a society as such affected you and the way you were perceived, even if it wasn't your fault.

Even if it was an unknowing child.

"Where are we going?" The young girl stares at the bigger hand intertwined with her own.

She glanced back at the park she was once playing at, the swing she had been on just moments ago was still slightly swaying considering she had been abruptly led away.

"Just come." They replied, leading her further and further away from the playground.

The world didn't care if it was your fault, what the intentions truly were, none of that. They believed what they were told. And if the world thought you were a villain? Why bother wasting your breath trying to convince them you're not knowing they'd never believe you? You'd need proof, and even then, they'd refuse to believe it.

Not until blood was spilt and all hope was lost in a blur of hysterics and confusion of the society already crumbled beneath them.

☯︎

brought to you by:
a random burst of inspiration after a year and a half of procrastination

{ 475 words }
7.7.22