You're not Will

#Hannigram

[A day in the life of Dr. Hannibal Lecter]

He has to tell her or it will get worse. He'll want to do it again, and he certainly doesn't want to have to go through it again.
The young girl is asleep in his arms, if she were a little less Alana and a little more Will, it would have been perfect.
Her blue eyes rest now, and her body embraces him, transmitting a warmth that to him is cold.

- Alana," he says, resting his chin on her head, "Are you asleep? -He turns on the light on the bedside table.

She yawns, it's still dark, hours before sunrise.

- Tell me, Hannibal, what's wrong? - She looks up at him.

- This will not happen again.

Silence fills the room.

- Why, has something happened that I'm not aware of?

- No. Only that you're not Will.

The words weigh like rocks on Alana's heart. She should have known, a part of her knew. Hannibal had been distant all along. That, and there was only one position he wanted to try.
She sits on the bed, covered with the sheet up to her shoulders, and looks quizzically at the man with whom she's just had the best sex she can remember.

- Excuse me? What am I, your experiment?

- Certainly. Physiology holds little mystery for me," Hannibal replies. If thoughts were images, you would have seen that in every one of them was Will as I slept with you.

- Are you telling me that your dick was this hard because you were thinking about Will?

- No, because I imagined you were him. Thinking about Will would have been... weak. Believing he was here did all the work.

- You deserve each other. You think you can play games with people like that?

- Call it a game, call it an experiment. I call it a path. I understand everything now, Alana, thanks to you - he stands up, naked.

- Where are you going?

- To find Will. I must talk to him. Please don't forget to lock up when you leave. Behave like a civilised being, Alana.

- Fuck off, Hannibal.

- No," he replies, smiling. I'm going with Will.