The time standing between the two of them

#Hannigram #WillGraham #hanniballecter #shortstory

"One day time and space will be ours. And I'll be filled with the colour of your eyes, and you'll be able to feel how fast hearts beat together."

🔥 The time between the two of us 🔥

Nothing squeezes the heart of a human being more than seeing time pass and that what you long for doesn't happen, and is nothing more than an illusion that lives more and more afloat every day.

Will had saved him from a prison that he himself had chosen out of pride. I will be here for you, Will, so that the day you decide to return you will know where to find me. Hannibal knew then what would happen, though time had certainly worked against him by being more than expected.

- Did you fall in love? - he asks, time standing still between the two of them.

- Yes. I don't... I don't know. What does it matter?

- It matters. What never happens accumulates and...

- How can it accumulate if it never becomes real?

Hannibal sighs. How to make him understand that if there was one thing he regretted, it was not being more, giving more, taking Will and running away with him as planned.
The problem was that he loved him and, in doing so, wanted Will himself to choose him freely.

- Why did you betray me? I... would have done anything for you. For both of us," he says, clenching the cuff of his shirt without realising it. We would have had a future, and now? what do we have now?

Will rests the wine glass on the nearest table, barely touching it. He knows exactly what he's talking about, he's been asking himself those same questions lying on his boat, at the mercy of the wind, while thinking about Hannibal.

- It is never too late. I... you know as well as I do how fear acts.

They are as lonely as these three years apart and yet as close to each other as Hannibal had dreamed of being. Time, amused, watches this strange dance in which they both participate.

- Are you afraid now?

- No. I said goodbye to the life I know the moment I decided to take you out of there. You can't be so blind.

- What about her?

- Maybe she understands. She probably won't. But she'll be happy again with someone who's hers alone and loves her the way she deserves. I never was, Hannibal. Not with you here - she touches her head.

Will's arms around his neck and his lips on his is more than he can bear. The hunger, the desire, the passion so many years held back. His mind palace full of Will, of Abigail...of what was and what will never be.
Is this love, is this what it feels like?

- I want you to see me. To touch me, to fill every part of me with whatever you want to give me," Will tells her, his blue eyes almost black with excitement. We've both imagined this moment so much that it will be like being at home.

Hannibal smiles. If any man is happier than he is, he doesn't care. If Dolarhyde ends his life, even less. Time is on his side at last.
Loving Will for just one night is worth all the tears he never allowed himself, all the words written, the long nights drawing and those melodies that in confinement lived only in his mind.

Loving Will, for Hannibal, had always been worth it.