Dear Will

#Hannigram #WillGraham #Hannibal #Short Story

"There is nothing like knowing you are loved and responding in kind. Because in the construction of mutuality lies dreams, wishes, desires, longings and a future to strive for."

🔥 Dear Will 🔥

- Achilles wished to conquer Troy alone with Patroclus, his companion. If the gods should smile he wanted it to be on both of them, to share glory, fame, immortality in a future he knew would never forget them.

- Partner? Hannibal, things by their name.

On the mantelpiece of the psychiatrist's office all the papers that had once bound them together and, alongside them, those of other patients Hannibal had treated in unorthodox ways.
Will's watch, in his hands, reminding him that everything he had lived through was real. The dissociations, the dreams, the walks in the middle of nowhere without knowing how he had got there.
The encephalitis and, in the middle of it all, Hannibal.

- Lover. True. In the Greek world love between two men was commonplace, Will - Hannibal looks at him closely, trying to decipher him. Do you disapprove?

Will walks over to his desk. Hannibal looks at him, waiting, while in his hand he still holds the pencil with which he always draws him. On the table, his new creation, with Will as that Patroclus with whom he wishes to share his world. Why does he weep, Achilles?

- No, Hannibal. I do not disapprove.

And that leaf whose clock separated them because Hannibal did not know how to be patient, unites them now thanks to Will who, unlike him, knows that what is important in life is built brick by brick.

- Will...

- I know. Don't let me go on crying," he says, resting his index finger on Achilles, "it's no longer necessary.

He leans in and kisses Hannibal. Slow, soft, almost like a whisper. His hand on Hannibal's neck and Hannibal doesn't quite know how he's going to be able to control his fire.

- I want you.

Because fire is not controlled when it comes to loving someone, and Hannibal has been loving in silence for too long.
He gets up from the chair and without stopping kissing Will takes off his shirt. Will pulls him close because he's afraid he doesn't know what he should do, and Hannibal is his safe place right now.

- I need to fuck you, I need you to sit me down. Will, is that okay?

Will smiles despite his fear. It burns, it burns, his body screams at him to continue. He breaks away from Hannibal and leans against the edge of the desk, legs spread wide in a scene so obscene even he doesn't know how it's taking place.

- Show me. I want to know what it feels like to be truly loved.

Hannibal smiles. He kisses him again. Different this time, bolder, knowing. Because in the certainty of understanding Will, of finally understanding that it is mutual, the heart becomes brave, selfish and generous at the same time.

- Dear Will. You've been so far inside it hurts.