I think I'm falling in love with you

#Hannigram #Hannibal #WillGraham #shortstory

"In uncertainty are all the possibilities. In certainty, only one: the one you want out of all of them. I haven't believed anything for a long time. That I know."

🔥 I think I'm falling in love with you 🔥

It was too long. Hannibal can't take it anymore. His patient, Will Graham, is the least perceptive man in the world, at least as far as he's concerned. No clue escapes his eye, his perception. But all of Hannibal's words, his actions, his silences... that was something else.

So he decided to be direct. To say it out loud. To put aside that little bit of pride and open up a part of himself that has never really been open. For he has never been in love.
He often wonders why this man, what's so special about him, what makes him different? He doesn't even know how to dress. If he can't even eat.
Will Graham is more than ten years younger than him, and has an inner world as full of life as his own. The essential, they say, is invisible to the eye. And Will brings with him a boot full of emotions, all because of his great empathy. In Will Hannibal sees a fellow human being, a possible companion. And indeed, since he has met him he has not been able to think of anything else. It is because of him that Hannibal knows what loneliness is; before him he had never felt it. After Will, it hits him every day and only calms down when they are together.

Because Will became his patient months ago, on the recommendation of Jack Crawford, who believes him to be a strong candidate for instability. Hannibal at the time was attracted, curious rather, by the razor-sharp mind. As they spent time in his office, it became a necessity.

Breakfast brought directly to Will's house. Dinner at Hannibal's house. A light touch on his shoulder, hands clasped as Hannibal healed his hands. Will has never held him of his own accord, never has Hannibal been able to feel his warmth willingly.

It burns inside him. He can't take it anymore.

- I think I'm falling in love with you, Will, he says.

He has chosen one of his best suits. White, pinstriped. The occasion calls for it.

- Do you think so, Dr. Lecter? - the young man replies. I've always heard such things are known.

Will hates eye contact, avoids it whenever he can. It's no different now, his gaze beyond Hannibal, looking at him without really seeing him. Hannibal would do anything for those blue eyes to see him, anything.

- Adding the word "I think" adds a touch of uncertainty when you're not sure how the other side feels," Hannibal adds.

Will shifts his feet slightly, nervous. Hannibal gives him a half smile.

- Have you ever thought about me?

Will nods. His gaze is now fixed on the hands in his lap. Hannibal nods in return.