Psychosis

#Hannibal #shortstory #WillGraham #Hannigram #hanniballecter

🔥 Psychosis🔥

- This...mmmm...you want me to put something specific?

If Hannibal had ever imagined a more awkward situation than this, he had been dead wrong. Sitting on Will's couch he couldn't help but get a little dizzy from the smell he was giving off: a mixture of canine odour, Will's sweat and a hint of urine that one of his dogs might have missed. It stings to think of all the mites and hair under him. So much unhealthiness in so little space.

- Whatever you want, Will.

- You're the guest. Take your pick.

Why had he accepted a date at Will's house and not at his own? Or some restaurant, or wherever it was that wasn't permeated with smells he didn't want to smell and things he didn't want to touch. He'd dressed in one of his best suits, and there was Will, so casual, so... appetizing. So unlike him.
Yes, he knew why he'd agreed. He wanted to understand, to know. To discover the profile that had long occupied his thoughts.

- I like classic movies.

Will turns around with a mocking look.

- You're not that old, Hannibal. But - he looks him up and down - it's true that it hits you.

He offers the remote to Hannibal, who, with a negative nod of his head, declines.

- Hitchcock's Psycho hits you," laughs Will.

- Psycho, then. I'll refresh a few ideas - Hannibal smiles and Will gives him a light slap on the knee.

- Will, why am I here?

The first frames appear on the screen. The two fall silent with the question waiting. Will puts his arm behind Hannibal, without touching him, with the intention of perhaps succeeding.

- I don't know, why are you here?

- You invited me.

- And you haven't turned me down. And don't say it's rude to do so. We both know this is not your environment, Hannibal. There must be something very important for you to have said yes.

The film continues with Norman Bates serving customers from the front desk of his motel. Hannibal has always felt that, had he been in his place, he would have done better. Of course he would, much better. That Norman was an apprentice next to him.

- You make it all so complicated, my dear. Life is so fleeting. So full of possibilities. And you choose the path that makes the most sense - he rests his hand on Will's thigh and squeezes it lightly -. I want to know what goes through that mind of yours, what you feel. What I am in your world.

- My world is different from yours. Chaotic. I don't know if I want you to be.

Norman arguing with his mother, dissociated. Sessing Marion's life while she showers.
Hannibal wonders what it would feel like to take her away from Will. Why shouldn't he, if he doesn't want her with him?

- Do you want me to leave?

- No. No.

When reason fears, instinct takes over. Hannibal kisses him and in that kiss he leaves all the feelings he has been accumulating because as the days went by, curiosity turned into desire, desire turned into admiration, and admiration turned into a love like he had never felt before.

- Let me stay. Don't be afraid, mylimasis. I would never do anything to hurt you.

What Hannibal is silent about as he removes Will's jumper is that this is partly true. What he doesn't say as he unbuttons his shirt and kisses his shoulders is that he's going to take over his life and not even notice. And if to attract him to her side she must make sacrifices, well, nothing worthwhile ever came without any.

The smell disappears as Norman's personality comes to the fore on the screen that no one has been paying attention to for a long time. The discomfort is the same, along with his expensive suit. Hannibal will only remember how Will moaned in his ear, and how between gasps he begged him to make him his.