The disguise of a person

#Hannigram #WillGraham #hanniballecter #shortstory #fanfiction

"I want everything with you. What's scary, what's not, what we don't even consider yet. You are my constant smile and the warmth in my heart, plus the desire to eat the world and you with it. Let's be, then, and see what happens."

🔥 The disguise of a person 🔥

- Let me see you.

Scraps of what was his disguise as a person between his feet, cold, warm, burning because they have just shed their skin. A farewell Hannibal never thought would take place. Can a monster love and be loved?

- Don't be afraid, Hannibal. I know who you are.

Before him a heart laid bare in a breast he longs to know fully. Smouldering fire that rises to the sky because Hannibal has always wanted it that way for both of us. Let's be, Will, let's be and see what happens.

- I know you've seen me before, fleeting moments where you didn't know if you were dreaming or waking. I know - Hannibal is afraid - that you've never run from me. But...

- I love you - Will replies -. Trust.

Will's hand clings to his arm, half-black already as his face begins to show what was hidden from the eyes of the world. Hannibal didn't quite know how to express what he felt, but with Will it's as easy as breathing.

- Will you stay? - he asks.

- Will you stay? I'm here because I want to be, Hannibal. Even if the road hasn't been easy. I'm closer to you than I will ever be to anyone else, you know that. You saw to that.

Hannibal nods, smiling. Every whisper and every touch, every chosen word and every silence he said even more. He had drawn Will in, yes, Will had changed him too.

- There will be no turning back, mylimasis. Not when the last piece falls.

- I know. I won't be the same after this either.

Will walks over to him and puts his arms around him, no need to say anything. All around him the faces of Hannibal's victims. Next to them, those yet to come who belong to both of them. Empty stares on expressionless faces that have accepted their fate, just like them.

- Give me your hand, it hurts a little - Will clutches Hannibal's hand to his bare chest, the humanity he never thought he had escaping him -. Just a moment.

- We're in the change together, beloved.

- Do you think I'll lose everything?

- Freedom, Will, is not as easy to possess as the world thinks.

For perhaps the monster was not so much a monster in reality, and the human with him had carried his own dormant within him until at last he awoke. Two different types of souls that in the end are one, like the two sides of the same coin that doesn't exist without both parts.

- I don't know what will happen now.

- Neither do I, but I do know that I want to find out with you - adds Hannibal, only he, at last he, fortunate to know he is accepted.

The uncertainty of walking a different path, being a new me while breathing in a world that looks like the one before, but isn't. The uncertainty of remembering who you were and never losing who you are. Remembering who you were and never losing sight of who you are and who you can be, for we are constantly evolving.

Yes, of course a monster could love and be loved. Because underneath it, always, there will be a heart that waits. And Hannibal's had awakened.

Fanart m.emityy (IG)