The opportunity

#Hannigram #WillGraham #Hannibal #shortstory

"Because hearts were born to drive us to do great things. And mine is happy to have met yours."

🔥 The Opportunity 🔥

We've all heard of broken hearts. Those that, in the chest, continue to beat shattered. If you're lucky the passage of time will make it hurt less, maybe even regenerate. If not, you are condemned to a half-life, for no one can live fully with a few pieces of heart.

- What happens to you, Agent Graham, is that you have never had the chance to use it. And what you don't use, rots. Didn't you know that?

Because no one talks about these cases, about those hearts that have never loved, and that retain that invisible plastic that has everything that is new.
Sitting on Dr. Lecter's gurney, Will watches the stethoscope as it auscultates him. He takes a deep breath, exhales. He is nervous.

- He is perfectly healthy, for now. His heartbeat is strong, and should remain so if you give him a chance to know himself. Will, what is he running from?

Because Hannibal, in addition to working in the emergency room, also worked in the psychiatric department. He, who had eaten so many hearts, knew them well.

- I'm not running away. It's just that...

- He's perfectly capable of love. As are we all.

Hannibal brings his shirt to Will, who immediately buttons it.

- What about you? - the young man asks.

He had heard about your empathy. He was fascinated when he heard about him, and it didn't take much pulling of strings to make sure that he would be responsible for Will Graham's health.

- Take care of yours, Will. You need it.

Will gets up from the gurney, walks towards the door to leave, but stops.

- Do you have room for one more patient?

Hannibal smiles without Will seeing him. He has all the time in the world for him.

- Would you like to start therapy with me?

- I want to give you the chance I've never given you. To the heart, I mean. Coming to your office is the beginning of it.

And, without giving Hannibal time to respond, he leaves. He is rarely at a loss for words. And his heart, the one like Will's that doesn't know what it means to be in love either, beats in his chest. He wants that chance too, and Hannibal is more than willing to give it to him.