Bee(45)

Bee;

It's been two months..the scratches are finally mostly healed, it's been a hard two months, we finally found more food for the animals, I've managed to keep up with the vaccines for Kennedy.

I've gotten a lot of intel from robin, I haven't told the gang any of it. News is we have another rat, and I'm getting closer to the cure. Turns out Spencer and Westley have been trying to find uninfected animals, our goal is to find them first.

I decided that today I'm going to tell the gang about our new rat.

I walk over to the gang, all talking and chatting and laughing. I sit on butchers back and begin to speak "we have a new rat." Everyone looks at me, I keep an emotionless face, and speak again "and I know who it is."

They all look at me intensely, I see some of the gang members get hold of their guns in case they try to run. I take a deep breath and tell them "Zayn."

As I say his name I watch as Zayn takes off running, butcher immediately runs after him, jumps over the running man and lands infront of him, growling in his face, i grab my gun and point it at his head.

"Now, now Zayn. I don't want to shoot you." I say smiling. I'll admit, being trapped in this inhumane world has changed me, and not for the better, I've already been betrayed by two people, adding another makes me a little angry..

Zayn glares at me and yells with anger dripping from his mouth "I saved you!"

This time my smile turns into a glare. "Yeah.. you did. You saved me for my fucking blood. You saved me for the virus. You saved me for knowing that I caused this. My blood caused this. And you saved me to make more, and worse." Every word I say drips with venom. 

Robin had over heard a conversation, and what they said was in this conversation had made me more angry than I have ever been!

"Wanna know what robin told me.."

All Zayn does is glare 

I return the glare and tap butcher for him to growl, Zayn flinches and says "fine!"

I smile and tap butcher again to stop growling 

"Well... we sent robin to spy again yesterday..I guess they overheard a conversation... when I was a kid, my mother worked for Spencer's parents who had started creating the virus.. except they were missing something.. RH-null blood. So when they heard that my mother had had a child with RH-null blood, they decided to take terms into their own hands and I went in for a blood draw every month since the age of 4. I created the virus. My blood. After they wouldn't stop taking my blood to the point they almost killed me, my mother went off the grid, and after a year returned and I began living in Toronto. Another thing I find very interesting... my blood is used for the cure...that's why you kept me alive, to cure the virus, and then use my blood until I'm dead and create a new virus."

By this time not only Zayns eyes are wide, but the entire gangs, robin is standing next to me, hand on my shoulder while I say this.

"And one other thing they mentioned is how you never got back to them... that you are Spencer's brother."

Zayn freezes, and I smile widely " cat got your tongue Zayn?"

Zayns eyes move back and forth probably searching for words until he finally speaks, not failing to stutter "w-hat are you going to do to me now?"

I smiled

"See.. that's where I'm unsure.."

"I say it's up to the gang."

"Ryver immediately speaks up "we have a large animal cage, she shouldn't be able to get out of it."

I smile at ryvers idea and say "well then I guess you don't die."

We put Zayn in the cage and he can't get out.

I walk away and speak to the gang "here's what we need to do, Spencer and Westley are looking for uninfected animals so they can infect them. Our goal is to find the animals before they can."

They all nod with determined looks on their faces

"Ryver, take thistle and aspen and you guys look west, Kennedy and Nico take Lester and go east, me and butcher are going south and robin, tho they can't do anything goes south and will tell me or ryver if they see anything."

Everybody nods and we take off.

I'm on butchers back, running , I love the feeling of wind hitting my hair,my eyes looking at the trees above, as I try to forget. When it doesn't work I go back to looking forward, all I see are trees for a long distance, so I decide to try and train butcher while looking I whisper in his ear "ok bud, let's see how fast you can go!" 

With that said butchers speed picks up, and I love it. He swerves in and out of trees, dodging with grace.

We slow down near a lake, I hop off of Butcher while he jumps into the lake bathing.

I look around and see a cat, it's normal sized and doesn't have red eyes! 

"Kitty kitty." 

The kitty looks at me and runs over. It's weird ever since the virus started uninfected animals have been more friendly, I try thinking of why that can be as I pick up the cat and call butcher out of the lake, maybe it's because they can tell we aren't infected.. I think as I get on butchers back, cat in hand.

Before butcher can take off we hear a big growl, I look behind us and see a lion the size of a house "oh for fuck sakes."

I say as I put the cat infront of me, put my body over it and whisper to butcher "loose this house please bud."

With that said butcher takes off running, but unfortunately we can't go right to the base, so we start running the opposite direction. 

We swerve in and out of trees, turning left and right, due to the lions size he breaks any trees in his path causing an earthquake like bang whenever a tree falls, butcher runs super fast, I think he's enjoying this since he hasn't run in a while.

We eventually loose the lion after a long time running, we go to head for the base, before we get there we see a pet store, I decide to stop there and grab multiple bags of cat food, and we ride back to the base.

Once there I see ryver, robin, aspen, Kennedy and Nico.

I also see another dog and a zebra from the zoo I assume. I smile at the animals we have found 

"Let's celebrate guys!"