•°Chapter 48°•

☆•°Broken To Pieces°•☆●

●.•○•.●°.•○•°○●.•○°•.○•°•●°•○

"Hi.... baby..."

Changbin felt embarrassed. Like he had let Jisung down. He could see his swollen eyes, he knew he's been worrying to death.

But he simply wasn't in the place to face him. Mentally, he needed some time to process. His body's broken, destroyed, experiencing pain he's never felt before. He needed some time to process, not wanting to talk to anyone at all. His family visited him, though deep down he simply wanted to be alone.

"Changbin are you okay?! Y-You're in the hospital right?? Gosh Bin, what happened????"

So many questions, Changbin's head ached. He was tired, he didn't want to explain, to have to think about what had happened anymore, but he had to.

"I'm... okay Ji. It's all going to heal and be okay again."

Hyunjin had pressed on the call button, positioned the phone upright next to Changbin's head by leaning it against an object, and walking out of the room to give them some privacy. It was super late at night, but they both knew Jisung would answer.

"What do you mean 'okay'?!" The younger cried "Nothing's okay Changbin, I'm worried sick about you!"

"I'm fine, I survived, I'm okay." The older repeated, not having any energy to give the other any reassuring words when he was so broken down himself "Now it's only about resting and healing."

Jisung tried to collect himself for the older's sake. He didn't want to be another burden on his shoulders. Taking a deep breath, he looked at his phone with these eyes filled with pure admiration.

His voice lowered, the tried to he more calm, speaking with more softness and trying to control his breath "I was scared of losing you, I'm... so happy to see you."

Changbin's face morphed into a weak, soft smile "I'm happy to see you too baby. I missed you..... I missed you so much."

"Are you in any pain?"

"I'm on a lot of pain meds, currently I just feel numb."

"That's better than physical pain though. Gosh I- I wish I could be by your side to support you, to help you. You didn't deserve this, it's not fair!"

"It's... okay sweetheart. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. And when it takes your ability to walk on your legs and move your arms, take it as a sign to start appreciating those things more often. You know Ji, I won't be able to move neither my arms nor my legs for the next months, is it fair? No. But there are people born with no legs, arms or both. They have to live with it their entire lives, is that fair?"