Chapter 1

A quick back story into how Evalyn met her only two friends. It was the first day of her second year, the boys' first. Evalyn was running to get to the dorm before the swarm of students got there. She wanted to make friends but couldn't ever find the words to say. In her haste, she tripped over her own feet and fell, her glasses flying off. With a groan, she picked herself up and went in search for her glasses. They landed by two boys, one of which was crying while the other was trying to make funny faces. She ran over to the crying boy and sat down beside him. "What's wrong hun?" The second boy made a face at the name. "Sorry my mum is American and her words rubbed off on me. My name is Evalyn." The first boy looks up and whispers "My brother hates me now." She frowned and says "would you like a hug?" He shook his head "Are you pure? I don't want to get in trouble." Her frown deepened but then smiled shyly, "boys, we don't have to hang out with each other in public, but I will be your sister now. If you need anything you can come to me." The boys looked at each other and then nodded as if having a silent conversation. "My name is Regulus Black, and this is Barty Crouch Jr." Evalyn laughs and stands up, putting her glasses on. "Nice meeting you boys, put a smile on your face, you are at Hogwarts now. And if your brother is too hard on you, I can handle it."

Going into her 6th year, Evalyn sat alone in her compartment on the Hogwarts Express anxiously drumming on her book. Since she is a half-blood, she hasn't heard from her boys all summer and was worried about their health. 10 minutes after the train starts moving she decides to take a peak to see if they were coming. However, as she opens the door to stick her head out, 4 boys come barreling down the aisle towards her laughing loudly. The "Marauders" as they call themselves were rushing to their own compartment since they were late. Eyes wide and shaking her head, Evalyn slams the door shut again to go back into her own bubble.

Halfway into the journey, the door slides open revealing Barty. "EVA" he yells while tackling her in a hug being careful to not knock her glasses off. "B, I missed you, you big oaf now let go" she giggles while trying to break free of his arms. With a pout he lets go and moves aside to reveal Regulus. His eyes red and bottom lip trembling, he walks over to the girl and holds her. Evalyn walks them to the seat and puts his head on her lap as he starts sobbing. While she starts playing with his hair she says "Shh Reg, whenever you're ready I am here for you, you can tell me what happened."
"I'm going to get some chocolate" Barty claims as he walks out and shuts the door behind him.
"I should have left with him, I am a coward" Regulus mumbles.

"You are no coward Reggie, you were afraid and that's okay to admit. I'm assuming you are talking about Sirius? Did he leave you alone at home? Did they hurt you?"

"He ran off to be with his new brother now. The one he dropped me for when I got sorted into Slytherin. They haven't hurt me yet but they have plans, and since he's gone they will put it all onto me and I have no choice now."
"Reggie you know if you need somewhere to go, my parents love you and will take you in without questions, Barty can come too if he'd like"
"Someone called for me?" Barty busted in and threw several chocolate frogs and sugar quills on his two friends and plopped down on the seats.

Evalyn glanced at him slyly, "No Barty, we were just planning a way to abandon you in another country." He gasped and gripped his chest "You two would never make it without me, who else would keep you updated on the gossip?" Regulus sits back up and deadpans at the boy.

On the other side of the train, the Marauders were planning this year's pranks. Sirius can hardly focus on the plans and let's put a groan. "I'm going to find a distraction." He leaves the compartment and walks past several girls who all blush and giggle at his winks. However, his mind is still plagued by his brother. He goes back to his friends and upon noticing his foul mood, they throw chocolate at him and try to cheer him up. "Padfoot, you tried to get him to leave, it's not your fault." Sirius shook his head at Remus, "I just left them there, who knows what Walburga and Orion will do to him now." James butts in "If it gets bad and he wants to leave, he is always welcome at our house." Peter pipes up, "there's also that girl we see him hang out with at night on the Map, she can help too." Sirius' head shoots up and he smiles knowing that this girl might be able to knock sense into his brother.

Author's Note:
Should I use a third person POV, or should I swap between Evalyn and sometimes Sirius' POV?