Chapter 19

Evan,
Give these two chains to R.A.B and Jr. tell them to tap it 3 times. They know what it means.
I'll hold up my end when we get back to Hogwarts.
-E

She wrapped up two simple chain necklaces and tied them to the letter. Evalyn sent her owl off to the Slytherin and left the room. They were charmed to match her bracelet that Barty gave her. If one of them tapped their necklace, the matching birthstone of the boy would glow, signaling that they needed help.

In the meantime, it was Christmas Eve, and the boys wanted to party. Sirius and James found the girl and picked her up by both of her arms.
"Let me down!" She shrieked and tried to wiggle out of their grasp.
"If you say so Evee," the boys tossed her into a big pile of snow face first.

Evalyn got up slowly and glared at the two who were slapping their knees and laughing. They didn't notice her gathering up two snowballs. In a split second she threw them, making direct contact with the sides of their heads.
Both boys froze in shock. Matching mischievous smirks spread on their faces and Evalyn panicked.
"Remus, Peter, could you give me a hand?" Sirius flicked his wand and sent an army of snowballs after her as she took off running. Making a quick decision, she "tripped" and fell to the ground, the snowballs shot over her head.
"Ow you prats my ankle" she fake cried and the boys ran over to her in worry.

"I'm so sorry Lynnie I didn't mean for you to get hurt, please I'm so so sorry" Sirius whined and took her hand in his. She pulled his face closer to her and looked him in the eyes.

"No love, I'm sorry." Instantly she smashed a ball of snow in his face and laughed at his shock.
"How could you Lynnie, I'm hurt." Sirius tackled her into the snow and joined her laughter.

Time froze when he landed on top of her, grey eyes gazing into green. He glanced down at her chapped lips, a small smirk grew on his face when he saw her eyes glance to his. Hearts beating against each other. Their magic felt like it was swirling together as he slowly leaned in closer. She closed her eyes as his warm breath fanned her face.

Before their lips could meet, a pile of cold snow landed on top of them.
"Bloody hell Wormy, they were about to snog!" James shrieked at the small boy who held his hands up innocently and laughed. Sirius let out a groan before helping up a blushing Evalyn. He shook his head before leading the girl inside for supper.

Evan Rosier didn't know why he was doing this for Evalyn. Truthfully, he shouldn't even waste his time with someone like her. But there was something about her that he was drawn to.

So he went to the ball where the other pure bloods were. He tucked the small package into his robes before finding the two boys from the letter. Although her note said to not ask questions, he was curious as to what these were for. He'd get answers soon though, he just needed to wait.

Regulus and Barty were standing in a corner, avoiding talking to the people when Evan walked up. They knew of his obsession with Evalyn, but as long as he didn't do anything to her, they wouldn't step in.

"Alright lads?" Evan looked around before landing his eyes on the two. They gave him a quick nod in response but said nothing.

Evan rolled his eyes before reaching into his robes. Regulus tensed up and Barty stepped closer to him defensively.

"This is from my little bird, tap three times." He shoved the package into Regulus' hands and turned away. As Evan made it to the far side of the room, he watched the two wizards put on their necklaces and tuck them into their shirts with frowns. He narrowed his eyes at the action but continued on with his night. You're bonkers little bird.

The next morning Sirius went to wake Evalyn up, but found the room empty. He checked where Peter and Remus were sleeping and woke them up when she wasn't there either.
"I've lost Lynnie!" He put his hands in his hair and started pacing.
"Let's go downstairs maybe she's already up?" Remus reasoned with him. Peter rolled his eyes and dragged the boy downstairs. James and Remus followed quickly after.

They froze in the entryway of the kitchen. Effie and Evalyn were in the kitchen, covered in flour, dancing along to Christmas music. Peter stepped up to Effie first and bowed, "may I have this dance m'lady?" She let out a hearty laugh and took his hand playfully. Remus padded over to a giggling Evalyn "you wanna dance before the dog bites me?" He spun her around as she laughed. Sirius pouted in jealousy before Monty came in and twirled both him and James around. The family danced and sung along and Remus spun her around one more time into Sirius' arms.
"Merry Christmas Sirius," she giggled and brushed some flour onto his nose.
"Merry Christmas Lynnie, can we do gifts now?" Him and James were both nodding their heads excitedly before Effie and Monty gave their approval.

The two boys took off running, pushing over their friends who were in the way.

James got some muggle candy from Peter, a box of pranking supplies from Remus, some jumpers from his favorite quidditch teams from Sirius, and Evalyn gave him a charmed metal sheet to watch muggle telly like the one she has. He got up excitedly and gave everyone hugs.

Peter got some new plants from Sirius, some muggle cooking books from Remus, some new robes from James, and a new wizards chess set from Evalyn. "I still plan on beating you one day Petey" the witch snickered at his fake offended gasp. "In your dreams Evalyn." He gave her a playful glare.

Remus got some new sweaters from James, muggle fairytale books from Peter, several quills and a bunch of colorful socks from Sirius, and a briefcase with the words Professor R.J. Lupin on it from Evalyn. He ran his thumb along the letters and gave her a grateful smile.

Sirius got some guitar straps from Remus, muggle headphones that Evalyn helped Peter charm for him to play music anytime, some new muggle records and pranking supplies from James, and Evalyn gave him what looked like a muggle torture device. He picked it up in confusion and looked at her. "Er — thanks?" She laughed at his face and explained to him. "It's a muggle device, they use it to do tattoos. Like a permanent drawing on your skin. I charmed it so it will always have the ink you need." He set it aside gently before tackling her. "I love it Lynnie, I can't wait to use it." Remus face palmed. "Merlin help us all."

Evalyn opened hers last. She got a set of muggle pens in different colors as well as various candy from Peter, a new copy of The Great Gatsby annotated by her favorite werewolf, some new hairpins and a photo album of the 5 plus a couple of her favorite Slytherin duo from James. Her eyes teared up as she opened Sirius' gift. Inside was his old leather jacket with runes lining the inside to match his new one. On the right hand sleeve, was a messily stitched paw print and daisy. She held it up to her nose and she basked in the familiar smell of cigarettes and something woodsy. The boy made grabby hands at her and Evalyn blushed. "I love it" she whispered and she crawled into his warm embrace.

Before they continued with the festivities, she passed out the gifts from her parents. Each one got matching knitted jumpers and caps. After putting them on, the family sat around the table and ate their food. This moment was pure bliss for the group.