Chapter 76

James burst into their flat the morning of Christmas. Sirius and Evalyn were prepared for his usual Christmas spirit. They both sat on the sofa drinking hot cocoa waiting for him to show up. The past couple weeks have been tough mentally on the two, but they both appreciated the joy that the holiday brought. Without a word, James apparated the couple to his place, not even bothering to see if they were ready.

Evalyn took a seat on the sofa right next to Lily, Sirius decided to sit on the floor in front of Evalyn. Her legs dangled on either side of his body. She massaged his scalp at the same time that he rubbed her calves. James paced excitedly back and forth, to which Evalyn raised an eyebrow at. As she watched the bright light on his face, her jaw dropped open as it clicked in her mind. She turned her head slowly to the witch next to her.

Lily nodded with the biggest smile on her face, when Evalyn glanced down at her stomach. She held a finger up to her lips to silence the blonde as the excitement grew. In fact, Evalyn was so thrilled, she accidentally gripped Sirius' hair too tight.

"Merlin Evalyn, are you wanting me to go bald? You could just say you hate me." His hand met hers, relaxing the grip she had.

"Sorry love, I got distracted. Trust me I know how important your hair is to you." Evalyn leaned over to kiss the top of his head. James stopped his pacing to look over at the two, Evalyn winked at him and gestured with her head at Lily. A bright sparkle of pride shown in his eyes.

Remus and Peter finally showed up. Gifts and tea were exchanged before James stood up. "IAMPREGNANT."

Sirius gasped and put a hand on James' stomach. "You can't even tell! Why didn't you tell me we were having a baby?" Evalyn giggled at his antics. Remus and Peter congratulated Lily. After some brief conversation, Sirius asked genuinely, "Were we the first to know? Have you told anyone else?"

Lily shook her head, her hand holding a protective hold on her stomach. "Technically Evalyn knew first, she somehow figured it out just by watching James this morning."

Evalyn smugly smirked, "Twin telepathy." The joke earned several groans and a high five.

Once the celebration ended and everyone went home, Sirius pulled out a last gift for Evalyn. They sat in bed as she took the present in her hands. "You didn't have to get me anything else love, I don't have anything else for you."

He shrugged, "I have everything I could ever ask for right here." A hand brushed against her cheek lovingly. "Open it."

The present was wrapped nicer than his gifts usually were, Evalyn assumed he asked Lily for help. The paper was discarded onto the floor next to them, and her fingers ran down the front of a leather journal. The letters E, R, and B were engraved in gold in the bottom corner. Her eyes glossed over as she looked back up at her husband, "What is this?"

He pulled her into his lap, and set the journal on hers. His hands guided hers to open it. "I can't ever understand how you all had this friendship at Hogwarts. My own brother befriended the sweetest girl of the entire place. But I see how much they mean to you. I see the love you have for them." Together, their fingers flipped through pages he compiled of Regulus' photos and ones of Evalyn's that he found stored away. He also added in silly notes between the trio that he found. Tears fell down her cheeks but she was careful to not let them hit the pages. "Now all of your memories are in one special place." They reached the end, and Evalyn closed it and held it to her chest. She turned her head back to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"This is beautiful Sirius, I don't know how to thank you."

"How about a kid of our own?" He wiggled his eyebrows with a playful grin. "We can raise them to be best friends with little Elvendork."

She blushed and giggled, "How about we get through the war first, and then we can talk kids? A mini Prongs is enough for now, Merlin if he's like James he will be a handful between the lot of us."

The times grew dark. Dumbledore held an Order meeting at the beginning of the new year. A pregnant Alice sat next to a pregnant Lily as they discussed future baby names. Evalyn sat in a chair, while Sirius sat on the armrest next to her. The Prewetts were challenging each other in a stare off. Remus looked pale from the upcoming full moon.

Dumbledore strolled in but immediately Evalyn noticed the tense look present. He looked his age for once. He spoke to everyone, but Evalyn felt the tendrils reaching in her mind. "Two things, we have heard word of the death of Regulus Black. His body was not found and the circumstances have eluded us. I offer my condolences to those who knew him." She shut out the memories of the details. "The second is rather grave to inform you all. It has been brought to my attention that there is a prophecy regarding potentially two families here." Everyone in the room wore grim faces as he recited the prophecy. Peter anxiously tapped his foot, one would think he was simply worried about the safety of his best friend.

Dumbledore sent the majority of the Order off, holding back the Longbottoms, Sirius, Evalyn, Remus, Peter and the Potters. He promised the Longbottoms they would be okay to continue as normal for now, to just stay vigilant. The couple left in a hurry to get home. Lily looked up to her former headmaster, holding back the tears in her eyes. Both hands covering her belly. "It's us isn't it?" The old wizard looked down solemnly.

"We have word that He has selected to go after your family. Your child is who He has chosen." James ran a hand through his hair and sat down on the floor. Evalyn took Lily's side and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"What can we do to protect them?" The blonde would go to the ends of the earth to make sure they stayed safe. Sirius looked over at his wife from beside James on the floor with a mixture of admiration and worry.

"I'm afraid all they can do is go into hiding. We can give them a Secret Keeper who has their location. Rest assured, we will do everything in our power to keep everyone safe. Somehow the words brought no comfort to the group. Dumbledore left shortly after answering any final questions.

Evalyn turned to the worried couple. A determined golden flashed in her eyes. "I will do everything I can to protect you both."

Sirius nodded in agreement. "I would die before I let anyone touch you." He looked at his wife, who looked back at him in agreeance.

Together, the group helped pack necessities in silence that night.