Chapter 25

I need a place to practice my magic. Evalyn was currently pacing in front of the wall to access the Room of Requirement. She finally found some free time to practice whatever was happening to her. An old wooden door popped up out of nowhere, and she quickly went inside. Inside the room was what looked to be a forest. Trees taller than she had ever seen filled the space. A warm glow came from the sun, illuminating the room. As she walked deeper into the woods, there was a small open field. She set her bag down and pulled out her wand.

Evalyn set up a target ten feet away from her and took a deep breath. She came to the conclusion that this powerful magic was triggered by her emotions. With a determined look in her eye she took her stance.

Depulso

The spell hit the target, sending it further away. However, Evalyn did not feel the familiar aura that came with her unique powers. It was usually intense and powerful, almost addicting to be engulfed by something so strong. With a flick of her wand, the target was back to its starting position.
Diffindo

A small cut in the target formed and she let out a groan. Still nothing. She sent out a flurry of spells and although each spell hit she couldn't get her powers to work. With each spell she grew more frustrated. Anger welled up in her body. It was like someone lit the fuse to a bomb. The spells were being shot out quicker and with more force. Suddenly, it was like flames encompassed her body, her eyes a bright golden hue of fury.
Bombarda
What was supposed to be a small explosion turned out to be an enormous eruption. She was shot backwards by the force of her magic. On her way down, Evalyn's arm caught a branch. Blood trickled down to her wrist.

As the flames cracked, she slowly sat back up. Evalyn bit her lip in worry. If her powers only happen in bouts of negative emotions, is it even good to use? She muttered a quick healing spell and the cut on her arm healed. The fires were extinguished and the target was reset. But before she could send another spell, she panicked. Maybe I shouldn't use these powers. Pacing back and forth, her anxiety grew. It gnawed at her bones while she drummed her wand on her hand. She didn't even realize that sparks of magic were bouncing off her body. They were little golden specks, almost like little stars. Her pacing stopped as she finally felt the warm feeling in her soul. This time, instead of sending a dangerous spell, she sat down, putting her hands on the damp earth around her. She wanted to embrace the feeling of this magic. Sage green eyes started to swirl with drops of gold. Evalyn closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, savoring the aura.

Upon reopening her eyes, instead of seeing the plain open field, in front of her was a sea of flowers. Specifically daisies. She plucked one and then stood up, tucking the flower into her plait. Her new magic was still there, waiting to be used. Instead of saying it this time, she thought of the spell in her head.
Depulso.
Evalyn watched as the target shot back but instead of landing a few yards away, it flew back with a much higher force. It took out 3 trees before finally hitting its stop. An idea came to her mind.
Accio.
This spell was not thought out entirely. Evalyn didn't consider that it would come back just as forceful. Her eyes widened as the target was zooming closer to her spot. She dropped to the ground, landing in the dirt to avoid getting hit. The breeze from the target passing over her body whipped her hair. It crashed into a tree that was originally behind her.

She shook her head before standing up. Many questions plagued her mind. Why do I have this power? How am I going to control it? Am I dangerous? Surely Dumbles wouldn't let me walk around here if I were. Suddenly she felt cold as the magic left her. Evalyn could almost say she missed the feeling. It was intoxicating. However, she simply gathered her stuff and walked out of the room to meet the Marauders.

To everyone's surprise, the entire group was in the Library. Not once in all of their 6 years have Sirius or James been in that room. Nobody has even noticed them with a book before. Evalyn's jaw dropped open as she saw all four of them gathered around a stack of books, each one reading something. Quietly, she walked over to them and put her arms around James and Sirius.

"Hi lads" she grinned as the two dropped their books in shock.

Sirius put a hand over his chest, "Merlin Lynnie, you could have killed me."

"Don't be so dramatic Snuffles" Evalyn gave him a light push on his shoulder.

"You wound me" he hit his head on the desk.

"What are you lot doing?" She looked around.

Peter was the first to pipe up "We are trying to find a way to help you with your problem." Her heart fluttered with love and admiration for these boys. "You might make me cry" as her eyes teared up, the group noticed flecks of gold start to form. Remus reacted first "Bloody hell" he flipped through some more pages with a fierce determination. James giggled "Swearwolf."

This made Sirius bark out a laughter that was considered too loud for the library. Madam Pince was tired of their shenanigans and kicked them out. The 5 gathered their belongings and left the room. James and Peter decided to chase each other, Remus quickly after them to try to stop them. Sirius on the other hand threw an arm around the Hufflepuff and placed a kiss on her cheek. With a cheeky grin, she took her hand and wiped off the kiss. The boy abruptly pulled them to a stop and dropped on his knees, the back of his hand on his forehead.

"My heart is shattered, Sirius Black has been rejected. My life is over." He fell to the ground in front of her feet. Lying on his back, he closed his eyes and stuck out his tongue pretending to be dead. Noticing she didn't move, he peaked one eye open. "This is where the muggles would say true loves kiss or something like that." He smiled and closed his eyes again. Evalyn giggled and knelt beside him.

"What a shame, this poor boy has been left here to die, I guess I must give him a proper burial." She poked his cheek. He pulled her down close to his face. "Just shut up and snog me" he whispered against her lips. She pressed her lips onto his, it wasn't too quick but also not too long. Perfectly romantic in her opinion. Kissing Sirius Black was like being on top of the world and Evalyn loved it.

The two teens smiled as they stood back up, he brushed a loose curl behind her ear and brushed his thumb along her cheek. "I think I might fancy you Evalyn" Sirius winked down at her. Before she could say anything, two pairs of hands grabbed them and pulled them into a dark alcove.

Barty covered Sirius' mouth as Regulus' steely grey eyes met Evalyn's.

"What do you know about your family line?"