Chapter 2

Evalyn waited behind in the compartment while Regulus and Barty left for the carriages so nobody will see them together. As much as she loves being around them, their safety will always come first to her. So she put her headphones on that her father charmed to play music whenever she wanted and made her way to the carriages. To her luck, there is an empty one waiting. It's not that she hates people, she just struggles to talk to people. Not so elegantly, she climbs into it and closes her eyes, humming along to the music. She didn't even notice that the four most popular boys in the school climbed in the carriage.

Out of nowhere a hand grabbed her shoulder and her eyes flew open as she swung her fist at her attacker. The person caught her wrist before it landed and laughter erupted in the carriage. "Merlin, most people would love to be sitting with us doll." She turned head and met the most stormy grey eyes she has ever seen. Throwing his arm over her shoulder, he laughed "After you are done staring at me, the name is Sirius Black love but I guess you probably already know that." Evalyn glanced around to see the boys all staring at her and her face turned bright red as I look down. 'This can't get any worse' running on repeat through her mind. "I'm James, and this is Remus and Peter" A boy with glasses pointed to the other two accordingly who just offer small smiles and waves. Sirius turns and whispered in Evalyn's ear, "This is where you introduce yourself darling."

"Uh I'm F-fern. Actually my name is Evalyn Fern. I don't know why I said my last name first, you just seem like the lot to only call people by their last name so I guess I just thought you'd call me Fern and I'll stop rambling now." Upon hearing the girl's name, the boys anxiously shuffle around and exchange glances. James whispered not so quietly over to Remus "that's the girl that hangs out with Regulus at night I think". Defensively pushing the glasses up her nose and sending him a glare "how do you know that" at the same time Sirius yells out "ARE YOU SHAGGING MY BROTHER?"
The girl's face turns even brighter and she shakes her head and puts her headphones back on to tune out the rowdy boys. 'I don't want to be involved with them especially since they seem to know more about me than I think.' As the carriage comes to a stop, the boys jump out and Remus holds a hand out for Evalyn to help her out, Hesitantly, she grabs it and managed to squeak out a small thanks and ran off towards the badger table. However, as she went to make her escape a heavy weight falls on her shoulders.

"Love, you're gonna want to stick with us and not go through those doors at the moment." Before she can even respond, the people up ahead start shouting as different balloons filled with paint are dropped on their heads.
Barking out a laugh next to her, Sirius says "that was a great one this year, did you see the look on Reggie's face? MINNIE WE MISSED YOU!" Said teacher turns around from cleaning the students and calls out "detention for one week in my class boys." Entering the Great Hall Evalyn tries to go to her table but found herself being dragged towards the lions. "We aren't done with you yet love" Sirius plops her down between him and James when she felt eyes burning into her skull. She looked up for the first time since entering the room and is met with a look of pure betrayal from the Slytherin table. She dropped her head onto the table out of embarrassment and shame. James starts putting some food on her plate while Sirius tries to pull her head back up. "Come on Lynnie, I'm calling you Lynnie now by the way, I need to ask you about my brother." Instead of responding, she just bangs her head on the table again. "Moony I think she is broken." Both James and Peter chuckle as Sirius pokes the side of her head. "Prongs, Pads, let her be. Evalyn I'm sorry for them, they can be twats sometimes. You should try to eat." Evalyn, however, had a better idea. She got up and ran away.