Chapter 5

A week has passed by since the night in the kitchens. Evalyn has done anything and everything to avoid running into the Marauders. The embarrassment ran through her veins every time she laid her eyes on the boys.

That wasn't sitting well with them.

So on one day while the girl was eating her muffin at breakfast alone, they plopped in the seats around her. Sirius and James on either side of her, Remus and Peter across from her. Evalyn froze as whispers surrounded the group in regards to the lions at the badger table. The muffin dropped to her plate and she quickly tried to stand up. However, an arm from the black haired boy wrapped around her waist and pulled her back down.

"Lynnie, you're not leaving yet" he smirked at her without moving his arm. She shuffled rather uncomfortably while her stomach fluttered.

"Is there something I can help you boys with?" Evalyn muttered.

"Two things Evee, can you make some more dessert, and tell me how do you think I should get Lily Flower." James placed some fruit on her plate after noticing she only had a muffin. The girl furrowed her brow, pushing aside the strawberries.

"I can't do that, I only make things for the boys. And why would you ask me? I don't know really know her." Sirius removed his arm from around Evalyn's waist, leaving an empty feeling she couldn't explain. All four boys grew quiet exchanging glances when Remus piped up. "We can offer you something in return?" She simply hummed in response, growing uncomfortable with the attention.

Evalyn glanced towards the Slytherins catching the boys checking over her worriedly. "Reg and B pick the dessert, I'll make some extra and give you the leftovers. In return, I'll ask that you just owe me a favor later on. I don't need anything at the moment." With that, she stood up and walked out.

Sirius stared after her, his friends looking at him curiously. A group of Ravenclaw girls walked by giggling at Sirius when one of them shyly said "Hi Siri." The grey eyed teen took a glance at her and nodded before turning back to his own plate.

"Alright Padfoot?" James grew worried at his brother's change in demeanor. With a shake of his head, he plastered a smile onto his face.

"I'm going to win her over. If my darling brother can get her to open up, she has to love me."

Later that day, Evalyn was on her way to Charms when she was tripped by the worst people. Snape, Mulciber, and Avery. Knowing she can't fight back, she mustered up a smile and muttered an apology. As soon as she turned to walk away, Snape called out "If it isn't the Marauders new play thing, I'm honestly surprised they picked you." The other boys snickered.
"She looks pretty pathetic to me" one of the boys pushed into her sending her stuff flying.

"Hey Regulus, why don't you take your turn with the slag before your brother uses her up" Snape said to the two boys who just walked up.

Tears welled up in the girl's eyes as she locked eyes with the boy she would die for. Barty was looking around avoiding any eye contact. With a cold gaze Regulus turns around "Let's just go guys. She's not worth it."

Evalyn sat on the floor for a minute before gathering her stuff. Instead of going to class, she turned and headed to the library in search of quiet.
30 minutes later, her favorite copy of The Great Gatsby lay discarded beside her. With a sniffle, she laid her head on the table, unaware someone quietly sat beside her.
A scarred boy put Evalyn's belongings into her bag and reached into his pocket for his favorite item. Considering it was almost a full moon, he wasn't feeling too well and retreated into the library for the day. He cleared his throat softly before tapping her shoulder.
"Chocolate makes me feel better" he whispered as he passed Evalyn half of the sweet. She wiped her puffy eyes and took the offering with a small smile.
"You look a little peaky Remus." The boy nodded and with a small smile said "you don't look too well yourself."

Her lip quivered before she broke down again. Out of embarrassment she pulled her knees up to her chest in the chair and covered her face. "I'm sorry."

Without another word, he pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back soothingly. After a few moments, Evalyn calmed down significantly and sighed. "You don't have to tell me anything, but I'm here for you Evalyn."

Evalyn pulled away and hesitated. However, after looking at his sincere gaze, she recounted everything that happened. His jaw clenched after hearing the events. This close to the full moon he tends to be a bit more aggressive.
"MOONY WE MISS YOU" Remus winced at the loud noise and motioned for the 3 boys to come over. Immediately James hugged Evalyn, catching her off guard. "Hi Evee" he muttered into her shoulder. Peter offered a simple wave and smile. Sirius rolled his eyes at his best friend before pushing him away.
However, when he met eyes with the girl, his smile fell. He grabbed her cheeks and stepped closer to Evalyn.

"What happened Lynnie?" His breath fanned her face as he wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks. She looked towards Remus who took her hint and explained to them what happened. At the end of the story, Sirius pulled the girl into a hug. "Oh Lynnie." His hand brushed through her frizzy curls and she buried her head into his chest. The smell of cigarettes and something woodsy filled her nose, reminding her of something that feels safe, like home. Hints of her mango shampoo and vanilla perfume filled his nose, giving him feeling of safety.

"I'm feeling left out." The words came from James right before he tackled the pair.

After the boys walked Evalyn back to her common room, she felt tremendously better. As the boys walked away, a plan was set in place to get back at the boys who broke the sweet girl.