Chapter 8

Evalyn was on her second drink when Barty and Regulus showed up. She tipped her cup to them slightly to acknowledge them, and the boys sent her a quick wink. From across the room a Gryffindor Evalyn recognized as Marlene McKinnon called out "Let's play spin the bottle." The boys she had been hanging out with this evening looked at her expectedly before dragging her to the game. A couple of guys that haven't noticed her before cheekily grinned at her as she sat down. She didn't notice these looks, but Sirius did. He took off his leather jacket and slid it over her shoulders before sitting next to her. The girl smiled brightly towards him in response. Barty and Regulus came over and joined the game as well, mostly to keep an eye on their friend.

After a couple rounds, it was Sirius' turn to spin. The bottle went around and around until it landed on Marlene. He quickly glanced over at Evalyn who avoided his gaze. For a reason unknown to her, her stomach dropped. "Bring it over Mr Heartthrob" Marlene laughed. He plastered on his signature smirk and crawled over to the girl, pulling her into a kiss.
"I remember why I pick girls now." Evalyn's ears perked up at this and looked up at the two. Marlene was wiping her lips while Sirius sat back down next to Evalyn, brushing her arm as he did.
"ME NEXT" Barty slurred and spun the bottle. The room got quiet as it landed on Regulus. With all of the confidence in the world, Barty grabbed his face and gave him a kiss that lingered slightly longer than normal. Regulus turned a bright red before clearing his throat. Evalyn couldn't hide her smile after seeing it happen. He whispered," I think it's time for Evalyn to go." The girl shakily spun the bottle and closed her eyes.

James.

Said boy looked at Sirius who clenched his jaw. Truthfully Evalyn wasn't his and he couldn't explain why he was so mad. Evalyn felt the black haired boy next to her tense and looked at him curiously. With a shake of his head he just smirked "Go for it Lynnie, we are waiting." His words sent a wave of disappointment through her but she pushed it aside. She crawled over to James who had just taken his eyes off of Sirius. With a laugh he yelled "This doesn't mean anything Lilyflower, I'm still yours." The red haired witch laughed from several feet away "In your dreams Potter."
James turned his attention to the nervous girl in front of him. Only 3 people are aware that it will be her first kiss. "Are you okay with this Evee?" She glanced back at Sirius who had turned away. She nodded back at James and he grabbed her arm and gave her a soft short kiss. Evalyn scrunched her nose and shook her head after. "That felt like kissing a sibling."
"Agreed Evee, let's not do that again." She plopped back next to Sirius who was trying to hide his grin. "A sibling huh?"
"It was kind of gross honestly" the girl scrunched her nose again and Sirius felt his heart stutter.

Another 2 drinks later, the Slytherin duo wished Evalyn a good night and left, hands brushing against each other as they walked out.  James ran up to the Hufflepuff girl. "I challenge thee to a drinking contest" he shoved a finger in her face.
"You're on mate" she slurred.
"Oh no" Remus and Sirius said at the same time. "You handle this one Pads." The werewolf walked off, grabbing another drink for himself.
Sirius put down the only drink he's had tonight to keep an eye on his best friend and the girl plaguing his mind.

The contest was pointless. Nobody kept count of how many drinks the pair had. Currently they are on the table singing poorly to Bowie.
Trying to spin around, Evalyn fell off the table, but instead of hitting the floor, she landed in someone's arms.
"Careful darling, you can't fall for me yet."
The girl looked into Sirius' stormy grey eyes and yawned. "You have the prettiest eyes in the whole school mister."

"Let's get you to bed, you can crash in our dorm tonight love. You can tell me when you wake up how pretty my eyes are." The girl just nodded her head in response and snuggled into his chest. He carried the girl up the steps to the room.
"Your eyes are so pretty Sirius and your hair smells lovely." His chest vibrated as he was holding in his laugh.

"You are wrong love, your eyes are the prettiest in the castle." All he heard in response was soft snores as he laid the girl in his bed. With a wave of his wand, her clothes were transfigured into pajamas. He softly tied her curls up with a hair tie and put her glasses on the night stand. As he went to go get the rest of his friends, he felt a small hand around his wrist. "You can stay with me if you want Sirius." She whispered before dozing off. He tucked her into the blankets as his friends came stumbling in.
"Look Moony, Padsy has a wee crush on our Evee" James flopped on his bed, falling asleep immediately.
"It sure does look like it" Remus chuckled before falling asleep.
Peter piped up from his bed. "Please don't hurt her Padfoot, she's really nice to us."

"I'll try not to." Sirius laid down on top of the blankets next to the girl. He tucked a stray curl behind her ear and stared at her face. His heart raced as his brain replayed his mates words over and over.

I won't hurt her. She is too good for this world.

And with that thought, he turned over and fell into a peaceful slumber. Both teens dreaming happily about the one sleeping next to them.