Chapter 7

Barty, Regulus, and Evalyn are all sat in the Room of Requirement. It is the morning of her birthday and the boys are making her skip classes today to treat her to a special day in Hogsmeade. With a flick of his wand, Barty freshens up Evalyn's curls and adds a flower crown of daisies. She does her eyeliner the muggle way before turning to look at the boys with an eyebrow raised.
Taking the hint, Barty excitedly sits in front of her so she can do his eyeliner. After he is done Regulus rolls his eyes and takes a seat so she can do his as well.
"B pick out my outfit for me please?"
He claps his hands and runs off for a quick moment. Upon his return he threw the clothing onto the girl. Both boys turned around to give her some privacy.
"This is beautiful!" Evalyn spun around wearing an olive green tunic dress that stopped just above her knees. It had long sleeves with small daisies on the end of them. For her shoes she had on white platform boots that went up to the middle of her calf. The boys turned back around and softly smiled at the pure happiness on her face.
"You look stunning E, let's grab some breakfast and we will leave." Regulus put her glasses on her face and the boys placed a kiss on her cheeks as they headed down to the kitchens.

"Happy birthday Miss Fern" the house elves called out to the girl as they entered the room. "Goobey has fresh muffins just for you" a basket full of muffins was pushed into the girls hands as she mumbled a thank you. The trio sat down and ate their small breakfast as the Marauders burst into the kitchens. Everyone grew silent as the tension grew thick. Evalyn's anxiety peaked so she grabbed her muggle pen from behind her ear and started doodling on Barty's hand.
Sirius was frozen at the sight of the girl. He noticed that she was pretty attractive before but today seemed different. James, noticing his best friend's issue, stepped forward first. "Hi Evee, we heard it was your birthday and we just wanted to say happy birthday." The girl smiled and nodded at the four boys.
"Thank you guys."

Remus cleared his throat, "thank you for the brownies by the way, they were delicious." She nodded again in response. James pushed Sirius, knocking him out of his trance. "Padfoot wants to tell you something."

Regulus tensed and then rolled his eyes before his brother started speaking. Evalyn noticed this and placed her free hand on his arm and the boy softened immediately. This action made Sirius falter his actions. He stared at the two before taking a breath.
"Lynnie, I may not agree with my family but -" he stopped mid sentence before pouting at Remus. The scarred boy just nudged his shoulder in encouragement. With a grunt, the older Black brother grumbled "I'm sorry for what I said."
Before she could respond, Barty started laughing. "That was a great performance, I don't think I will ever get to see that again" he wiped fake tears from his eyes. Regulus simply scoffed and rested his head on his chin. "First and last time he will ever apologize honestly." The girl lightly slapped the boys' shoulders before standing up and hugging Sirius.
"It's okay Sirius, I'm not mad. Thank you." The boy tensed before wrapping his arms around her. "I truly am sorry" he said as he locked eyes with Regulus.
"By the way Evie we are throwing you a party tonight in the Gryffindor common room. If you aren't there we will come find you and drag you there." James pointed his finger at the girl before glancing at the Slytherins. "I guess the snakes can come as well this one time." The 4 boys all walked away from the trio without another word.

"Open our gifts now Eva" Barty shouted before shoving their presents into her hands. One was poorly wrapped in what looked like parchment from homework, obviously from Barty. She tore it open and inside was a bracelet that had their 3 birth stones on it. He clasped it onto her wrist before she grabbed the other gift. It was neatly wrapped in black paper with a silver bow. Inside of it was a beautiful silver ring with each of their initials etched on the inside.
"It's charmed to protect you from certain hexes and curses E. Promise to wear it at all times."
She turned to Reggie with tears in her eyes as she slipped the ring onto her right hand. "I love it Reg. I promise I'll always wear it."
"I can't be there to protect you like I should but at least you have this now." She brought both boys in for a hug before they made their way to Hogsmeade.

It was not a lie when the boys said they would make it up to her. They bought her two new outfits, some new parchment and quills, a couple books, and a bag of sweets from Honeydukes. They were about to head back when Barty did a double take at an outfit in the window they passed by. He screeched and dragged the two inside the store that sold muggle things.
"Eva you need this for the party tonight."
"B, no, I'm just going to wear this. I'm not going to buy another outfit." Regulus simply smirked at her.
"Nobody said you're buying it, I can buy this whole store if you wanted it. Barty grab the clothes and some shoes." The boy snatched the outfit and found some matching shoes and ran towards  the worker. They paid and Evalyn put all of her bags into her purse using an extension charm.

They found themselves in the Room of Requirement again getting ready for the party. She had on her new clothes and did her makeup. The outfit consisted of a white halter crop top that tied in the back and a pair of denim bell bottom jeans with floral patches. She paired it with some black platform boots. Barty tapped his chin before gasping.
"Almost done." He put a shiny red gloss on her lips and fluffed her curls.
"Perfection! If I were into women I'd pick you but I think Reggie here is more my type." Regulus went wide eyed and blushed while Evalyn giggled. "I think you broke him B."
Barty winked at the boy making his blush deepen before he rolled his eyes and walked towards the door. "We will see you there in a little bit E." Evalyn jumped up and took off to the party.

Upon entrance to the Gryffindor common room, all eyes turned to her. She weakly smiled and ducked her head trying to find a corner to hide in to wait for the Marauders. She spotted them first and quickly made her way over.

"Hi boys." The four turned around to the girl as she blushed slightly. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" 3 of the boys shouted at her before tackling her in a hug. She chuckled and thanked them before turning to the last one. Sirius stood there with his jaw slightly opening, staring at the girl. She looked to the ground, nervous about the attention, "Hi Sirius."

Her voice shook him out of his frozen state and he plastered on a smirk. 'What is this girl doing to me, I'm Sirius Black, I don't get flustered.' The words rang through his head as his cocky attitude came back. He threw his arm around the girl's waist and pulled her closer, "Happy birthday darling." He tilted her chin up to meet his eyes with his other hand and gave her a wink. The action sent a rupture of butterflies through her stomach and her face heated up.
"Thank you" she mumbled, forcing her eyes to look elsewhere.
'This is going to be a long night.'