Chapter 45

On her 18th birthday, Evalyn woke up to do her usual routine for getting ready. However, as soon as she stepped in the bathroom and took a look in the mirror, she froze. Not only was she now taller, standing at 167 cm instead of 152, her face had also slightly changed. Her cheekbones were higher and more defined. Her jawline was sharper. The tip of her nose was slightly upturned now. Growing uncomfortable with these new features, she threw a glamour on and got dressed before running to the Gryffindor tower.

She burst through the door without knocking. Sirius had Peter floating in the air to hang decorations. James was in the middle of throwing a glitter bomb at Remus. The werewolf was about to throw a pillow back in retaliation. Her panic was forgotten as she yelled "SIRIUS ORION BLACK you put Peter down GENTLY this instant!" His face paled as he lowered the other boy. James snickered "Padfoot got in trouble." Evalyn turned towards James and eyed the glitter bomb in his hand. One eyebrow raised as she crossed her arms. "James Fleamont Potter, don't throw that at Remus." Immediately, he dropped the glitter bomb and held up his hands. "Mate how does she know my middle name?"

"I know all of your guys' middle names" Remus set the pillow down, not wanting to be scolded next. "Happy Birthday Snitch!" He smiled at the girl. Peter and James were next to wish her happy birthday. Sirius picked the girl up and threw her down on the bed "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MOST WONDERFUL HUFFLEPUFF EVER!" He peppered her face with kisses. He stopped mid kiss and furrowed his brows. Without saying anything, he picked her back up and stood her up on her feet and looked at her. He circled around her three times while eyeing her up and down and tapping his chin. "Why are you taller?" He stood next to her to compare their heights and noticed the big change.

"Oh yeah, surprise?" She removed the glamour and stood back for the boys to see her new face. "I don't like it honestly." Sirius spun her around to face him and shook her by her shoulders "Don't bully yourself, I love that pretty face you have." She rolled her eyes. "Only I can bully you," he said with a cheeky wink. Her breath hitched as he leaned down to whisper in her ear, "and don't roll your eyes at me unless you're doing it out of pleasure." His eyebrows wiggled suggestively as his smirk graced his face. Her faced turned as red as tomatoes.

"I think you look pretty snitch!" Peter gave her a warm smile with the compliment. Remus and James nodded. Sirius let out a whine, "Now I'll have to fight the boys off even more. You're mine." He grabbed the back of her head and shoved her body into his chest and stroked her hair. "My precious."

Sure enough, 5 boys had tried coming up to Evalyn that morning to talk to her. Sirius made sure to keep one hand around her waist wherever they went. Any time a boy came close he screeched and threw Evalyn over his shoulder before running away with her.

Now they were on their way to Hogsmeade, having snuck out right after classes were over. Evalyn and Sirius had stopped in to see Celeste for a moment. As they walked outside, Evalyn waved to James and Remus and took two steps forward. Out of nowhere, a thick smoke filled the area and she was unable to see. "Sirius!" The girl coughed out his name trying to find him. Shots of red and green were seen whizzing through the smoke as dark wizards took aim at  innocent bystanders.  Unable to find any of her friends, she knelt behind what she assumed was the wall of the shop and waved her arms around, using the wind to clear out the smoke. Evalyn caught sight of a small child in the middle of the pathway. She ran over to him and ushered him inside of Celeste's shop.

A hand gripped her shoulder and she swung her arm around, punching her attacker in the face. "Merlin Lynnie, I thought you were done hurting me!" Sirius grabbed at his bleeding nose. "Oh no! I'm so sorry!" She reached for her wand to quickly heal it. A beam of red fired over the two and Sirius pushed Evalyn down to the ground. "Stay down and get out of sight." His voice was stern and didn't leave room for question.

"No. I have to help out, I need to help my family." He pulled her into a kiss, "I love you, now let's kick some arse." She smiled and they ran off in the direction of the fighting. He said Protego and held up a shield to protect the two of them while Evalyn used her powers to clear out the remaining smoke. James and Remus were further down the path, fighting 3 dark wizards while Peter laid out on the ground. The two were about to run over when they were surrounded by 4 wizards. "Drop your shield Padfoot, I have some protection." She held up her hand where Reggie's ring laid on her finger. They stood back to back as they started fighting. Spells were thrown back and forth. The two worked together effortlessly, as if they were made to be side by side. "I don't think I've ever seen anything more attractive!" Sirius called over his shoulder to his girlfriend with a laugh. "Now's not the time to flirt!" She said it with a smile as she disarmed one of the wizards.

Evalyn had knocked out 2 more, leaving Sirius to deal with the last one. He caught the dark wizard with a spell that tied him up and they took off running for their friends. She slid on her knees next to Peter to check him over. The boy was breathing fine, but he was unconscious. There was a small bit of blood on his shoulder from where he hit the ground. "He was caught off guard and took a nasty spell." James panted trying to catch his breath. "We need to get back and get Dumbl-." James' sentence was cut off when Sirius got hit with a spell. Several cuts formed on his back and arms and he fell to his knees. James ran to his side and Evalyn was frozen in shock. Her trance was broken when a few more dark wizards popped up. The blood started pooling around Sirius and her anger boiled over. Her eyes lit up a bright golden, her magic nearly blinded the people around her. A blood curdling scream escaped her lips as she gripped onto her boyfriend. A ring of fire shot up protecting her friends from the dark wizards.

"We need to find him help, Evee me and you need to take care of these wizards as quickly as possible. Remus will bandage up Sirius. He will be okay, we will get him help as soon as we get a moment." Evalyn stood up, blood covered her hands and her robes. She wiped her tears with the back of her hand, Sirius' blood smeared onto her cheek. James stood up next to her, wand at the ready and gave her a nod, "we can do this Evee."

Her fire wall came down, and the remaining wizards looked at the two teens in amusement. That was shortly lived, when a combination of spells came flying at them. James had taken care of 2, leaving them tied up and wandless on the ground. Evalyn, was walking down another wizard, clearly overpowering them. As she got closer, she heard a distant Avada Kedavra and whipped around, waving her hand to send James out of the way of the spell. He sent a cheeky thumbs up and the wizard she was originally fighting with hit her with a stunning spell. She fell to the ground and glared up at him. His face paled at the fire in her golden eyes. A fireball flew from her palm at the man and he apparated away. The remaining few followed suit, leaving the teens by themselves.

Evalyn was running back to Sirius' body when she spotted a Slytherin lurking in the shadows. She snuck over to the boy, and grabbed him by the collar of his robes. "I need your help." Snape snarled down at the girl. "I don't want to help you."

"You don't have a choice." He watched as her green eyes flared with golden specks. He could feel the heat forming in her hands through his robes. Snape narrowed his eyes "I beg to differ." Evalyn slammed him into the wall. "You will help him now or I will have you expelled from Hogwarts. I will let everyone know how much of a coward Severus Snape really is." He rolled his eyes as Evalyn shoved him forward to her friends.

James stood up straight as Snape walked over. "I will not help if he will be pointing his wand at me." Evalyn moved in front of Snape, "He's the only one who can help Sirius in time. I will make sure he doesn't try anything stupid." James stepped down and knelt beside his best friend. Remus picked up Peter and brought him over as well. They watched as Snape performed a spell over and over. The blood made its way back into his body and the cuts sealed shut. "There it is done." He started to walk away. "Thank you Severus." Snape said nothing but watched as the golden light dimmed in her hair and eyes.

"Let's get them to the hospital wing." James lifted Peter in the air using his wand, Remus doing the same for Sirius. "You did great Evalyn" the werewolf tried making her feel better. "James makes a good leader." She beamed in pride at her brother figure. "Not to worry anyone, but I might pass out." Hardly a second passed before the dizziness became too much. Total blackness consumed her and she fell to the ground.