Chapter 41

The group all got off of the Hogwarts Express in giddy moods. There were 4 adults waiting patiently for the kids. Effie and Monty stood next to a couple. They were a man and woman who looked a bit younger than the Potters. The man was tall, dark hair and brown eyes that were familiar to Evalyn. The woman was on the shorter side, she seemed frail but looked around the station in amazement. Her hair was brown and hung to her shoulders, dazzling hazel eyes that held a warmth to them.

Sirius and James reached the parents first, trying to push the other so they'd be the first to get a hug. Remus and Peter followed behind them at a slower pace. At the back was Evalyn. Her nerves were getting the best of her. She was close with the Potters but hasn't talked to them since before her parents' death. Monty eyed the four boys, searching for his favorite child. Catching the top of her head behind Peter's shoulder, he gasped and pushed the boys aside to hug Evalyn. "I love you my little one." He whispered into her hair, it took everything in her to not breakdown. Soon enough, she was swept into a motherly embrace. The smell of cinnamon and tea gave her comfort as she snuggled into Effie's arms.

"Is this the Evalyn?" The unfamiliar woman said with an excitement to her words. Effie nodded proudly. "Evalyn, this is Lyall and Hope Lupin." Evalyn smiled bashfully and stuck her hand out to greet them, "Hi Mr and Mrs Lupin I'm Ev—"
Her words were cut off as Hope pulled her into a warm hug. "It's lovely to meet the girl who has been taking care of our boys. And please call us Hope and Lyall." Remus' father smiled down at her. "All four of them speak so highly of you. It's almost like you are Merlin himself."

Sirius and James snickered while Remus' ears turned red in embarrassment. "Mum, Dad you're suffocating her." Evalyn waved her hand dismissing the werewolf. "Please Rem, let the adults speak." She winked playfully at him before linking her arms with Effie and Hope. "Sirius, hun can you get my trunk?" The boy gave her a salute and grabbed her trunk as well as his.

"You have that boy in the palm of your hands Evalyn." Hope smirked at her. "I've never seen him carry his own bag willingly, let alone someone else's without complaining." Effie nudged Evalyn slyly. She smiled and was about to reply when she spotted Regulus with his parents. He had a cold expression on his face and Walburga looked distastefully in their direction. Unaware they were being watched, Sirius and James were knocking their trunks together and laughing when the other tripped or nearly fell. With a cold graceful stride, Walburga made her way to the big group. Regulus closely behind. Effie stood protectively in front of James and Sirius, Monty right beside them.

"It's not too late to come back home Sirius. You can stop associating with the blood traitors now. Don't be such a disappointment." Evalyn picked up on the tension, and quickly moved directly in front of Sirius, one of her hands behind her back for him to hold. Walburga raised a sculpted eyebrow.

"Is she at least pure?" Evalyn glared back up at the witch doing her best to reign in her magic.
"Leave now, he is being well taken care of with us. You don't want to cause a scene here Walburga." Effie held her arm out in front of the kids to push them back.

"Mother let's go, we don't want to be seen associating with the scum." Regulus put a hand on his mother's arm, effectively drawing her back. Evalyn's heart cracked a little when she saw the proud look the witch gave her youngest son. "You make me so proud Regulus." Evalyn knew he had a good heart, but his weakness would always be his parents.

They all finally apparated back to the Potter manor, Hope and Lyall drove back to their own home with Remus since she is a muggle.
"Me and James will make dinner tonight. It's the least I can do. And I'll make sure the boys help clean up." Effie looked nervous at the thought of James and Sirius in the kitchen but nodded nonetheless, she trusted Evalyn to make sure nobody got hurt.

Evalyn pulled out the ingredients while James put on some music. He loved cooking, just never usually did it. The two worked cohesively as if they had been doing it their whole lives. Sirius sat on the counter, trying to eat the bits before they were finished.
"Can you get set up the table love?" She gave Sirius a peck on the cheek and sent him on his way.

"You bring out the best in him Snitch." James didn't look up from the food he was finishing up. "There's something about being with him that just feels right, it's like two puzzle pieces fitting together." She responded to him.

"I want that kind of love." Truthfully, he was set on Lily. Seeing his best mate with his sister made him yearn for that kind of love. It felt so pure and happy. "You'll get it Prongs, I know you will."

The two brought over all the food. They had made a roast with Yorkshire pudding and an assortment of vegetables. Monty's mouth water at the sight. "I didn't know my son was capable of this. I knew she could, but he's too much of a hazard." He pointed his fork at the two when he talked about them. James looked at his father in offense. "I'm supposed to be the favorite here, and yet I'm being attacked." Evalyn giggled, "No, I'm the favorite." She booped his nose and smiled as the parents as well as Sirius nodded in agreement.

"So Evalyn, Monty will be taking you into Diagon Alley tomorrow to handle your business." Effie brought up the conversation hesitantly. Sirius put a hand on her knee, grabbing her attention. "Do you want me to go with you?" She bit her lip and shook her head. "I think I want to do this by myself. Is it possible to check out the house? Dumbledore didn't say anything about it." Monty grinned "Of course, and maybe we will stop for ice cream."

The boys and Evalyn all went up to the bedroom after cleaning up. They were all hanging out in James room. James was sprawled out like a starfish on the floor, Sirius was lying on the bed horizontally with his head hanging upside down of the side. Evalyn sat propped up next to him on the floor so she could run his fingers through his hair. "You don't have to move out Pads. You and Snitch can stay here with me."

"I know Prongs, but I want this. Besides, I'll get alone time with my Lynnie." The boy wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Evalyn face and neck turned a bright red and she swatted at him. James faked a gag. "Ew gross. Don't talk about my sister like that."

"Oh hush Jamesy, soon it'll be you and Lily." She nudged him with her foot, wiggling her eyebrows just like Sirius.
"I hope so."