Chapter 33

Ever since he said those 3 words to Evalyn, Sirius wanted everyone to know. He would hold her close in the corridors, yell it across the room during class, stand on the tables at lunch to announce it to everyone. The gesture was really sweet.

However, Evalyn finally got some time for her self during the full moon. It was the perfect time to put her plan into motion. First she put something in their soap to turn their hair bright yellow. Evalyn knew they would suspect it, but that would throw them off her actual plan. Next, she put a sticking charm on the bottom of their shoes and placed them back in their spots on the floor.

Obviously the boys caught on to her little tricks and undid them. "You'll have to do better than that Evee. We are the kings of pranking." James and Sirius puffed out their chests proudly, while she pretended to act disappointed. "You are right, I guess I'll have to try someone else." She peered around the hall and her eyes landed on the Prewett twins. They are a year above them and are the perfect pair to help her out. Peter caught her look and chuckled. "That's awfully bold to try to prank the twins."

"You don't think I can do it?" She pouted at the group. All four held back their laughter and Sirius piped up. "You can do it Lynnie, good luck." Evalyn scoffed and brushed past them in the direction of the twins. They all watched in curiosity as she marched over confidently. Sirius' jaw clenched as her hand touched Fabian's arm.

"I need your help boys" knowing Remus could probably hear her, she mouthed the words secret prank. The twins glanced over her shoulder at the 4 boys understanding immediately. They each wrapped an arm around her steering her away.
"What can we do-"
"For the lovely hufflepuff"
Mischief was written all over her face. "Pull a prank with me and I'll keep you both out of detention for two weeks."
"Let's see are we pranking-"
"-the Marauders by chance?"
Evalyn nodded and the two had matching devilish smiles on their faces. "Deal" they gave her a mock bow. "What is the plan?"

It was simple, Evalyn tried to conceal her excitement as she met with the Marauders the next morning for breakfast. As they started to eat, several people walked in, all wearing robes that were three sizes too small.

The transfiguration professor locked her eyes on the four boys. "Why is it when something happens, it's always you four?" They all snickered. "How do you know it was us Minnie?" James held his head high in defiance with a silly grin on his face. She pursed her lips and folded her arms. "It's always you Mr Potter." Gasps were heard further down the table. All of a sudden, the Prewetts had red and gold skin. They wore it with pride though. "Detention you boys, I'm sure you were behind this."

Sirius called out "it's a date Min Min" as the witch walked off. He turned to Evalyn with the brightest smile, "that was good for your first prank." The boys started eating, unaware of a certain aging potion in their drinks. Slowly, they grew wrinkles on their faces, and their hair turned long and white. James started laughing first, he saw Peter change first and then Remus. He didn't know that he was also old.
"What happened Moony, Wormy? You look like you're older than Dumbles!" The boy slapped his knee as he laughed. Remus glared "you're not any younger looking mate." Sirius was the last to age, turning to Evalyn with a grimace. "My hair, my face" he gripped his locks as they started to turn white. "I'm ruined" he took off running, trying to hide his hair.

"That was great Evalyn" Peter was gasping for air from laughing so much. Dumbledore stepped beside the group "I never thought I'd see someone my age in the castle." He chuckled at the kids. "Best go see Madam Pomfrey now though."

"I believe I'm halfway to my nickname now." Evalyn grinned at the boys who were recovering. "Yeah yeah, you got us." James gave her shoulder a small shove.
"You would still love me if I'm wrinkly?" Sirius was the most distraught by being pranked. Evalyn's face turned serious. A playful twinkle shone in her eyes, giving her away. "You caught me Snuffles, I'm only with you for your looks. Once they are gone I'm moving on to Remmy." The werewolf's head shot up while he let out a loud laugh. Sirius pouted and made grabby hands at the girl. She walked over to his embrace and ran a comforting hand through his hair. "I'll always love you Sirius, no matter what."

"Petey do you have any sugar quills today?" Said boy dug in his pocket and threw two pieces of candy at her. She caught one, the other bounced off her hand onto the floor.  "Im not sure if any of you lot want to join me, but I'm off to go practice my Patronus now."

"What do you think you will be?" Peter asked first. Tapping her chin, she enjoyed the feeling of Sirius still holding her. "I'm not sure, hopefully something awesome. I don't care what it is either way."

"Maybe you'll be a dog like Sirius," James was the next one to speak. She wrinkled her nose, "I can hear the nicknames now. By the way James, could you write your parents with me tomorrow? I need to thank them for something" Evalyn gathered up her stuff, eyeing Sirius as he stood ready to go. "I'm going with Lynnie, she's got a lot to learn."