𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞
⎡ 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 ⎦

꧁꧂

(Y/N) didn't remember much from her human life, nor if she felt anything during it at all. She often wondered who she had met, or who she had loved, but no such memories came back to her. It saddened her because she wanted those emotions, those memories. It would explain why, even as a demon, something inside her absolutely refused to kill and eat a human being.

It wasn't natural.

    Demons were beings that preyed on the weak, that took what they wanted, and had no remorse nor fear for the repercussions that came afterward. They could not understand the complexities that human emotions had, and vice versa, where humans could equally not understand a demon's bloodlust to kill. Both sides confused, but neither willing to compromise their hatred for the other. Standing above the unconscious man who mere seconds ago was spitting out warnings and threats of death at her, (Y/N) couldn't help but feel pity. The monster inside of her screamed to devour him in an instant, but the human side would not let it out.

She could not hurt this person.

    She couldn't.

    That's why she was not as powerful as other demons, and why they were so much stronger.

Picking up the man's arm, (Y/N) bit down as softly as she could—but enough to break skin—and drank his blood, the sweet liquid giving her an abundance of energy that she had not had prior to knocking him out. But, even if this man had faced a hungry demon not controlled by their instincts instead of her, he wouldn't have stood the slightest chance. It was only natural that demons were stronger, faster, better.

That was what that man had said.

What he believed.

So, the monsters who roamed the night and followed him believed that as well.

"I'm sorry..." (Y/N) whispered as she took out a roll of bandages that she always carried with her since becoming a demon, carefully wrapping it around the man's wounded arm. "I truly am. If there was a way, I would have become human by now. I wouldn't be having to do this..."

    When her voice caught in her throat, she let out a small sigh before slowly backing away from the man's body after finishing wrapping his arm.

    This isn't right.

You need to devour him.