四十四

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫⎡ 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
⎡ 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 ⎦

꧁꧂

Returning back to the Ubuyashiki family mansion from Sakonji's home took just as long to reach it—approximately two days and three nights. In total, Giyu, Kyojuro, and (Y/N) were gone for a total of eight days, just barely longer than a week. As the three arrived to the Ubuyashiki manor, they were greeted with a familiar face.

     "Huh?" Sanemi frowned when seeing her, currently the man walking down a gravel pathway away from the manor. "What are you doing back here? And why are these two with you?"

"I went with Giyu and Kyojuro-san to visit Urokodaki Sakonji, a previous Water Hashira," (Y/N) answered with a small smile, noticing how Sanemi didn't seem as on guard around her as he was previously. "The only reason I'm back here is because Ubuyashiki-sama summoned me. Is that also why you're here?"

"Yeah," he nodded, but didn't elaborate.

Instead, he crossed his arms.

Looks like she's already close with these two considering they're on first name basis.

His frown deepened.

I don't like it.

Silence dwindled between them.

Considering Sanemi didn't leave, (Y/N) assumed he still had something to say to her, so she hesitated in leaving, awkwardly shifting where she stood. From her actions, Sanemi's brow twitched, yet he wasn't irritated. Instead, he was more so annoyed that he couldn't find the right words to tell her, if he had anything to tell her. It was a strange feeling that lingered, and the longer he stared at her, the more it grew and twisted.

She then smiled brightly.

His somewhat glare vanished at the look, being reminded of his mother, of his siblings, of his friends—of a human.

Like he thought, a strange feeling.

"Anyways..." (Y/N) trailed off, flicking her eyes to the side. "If there isn't anything else, Shinazugawa-san, I think I should—"

"Call me 'Sanemi,'" he cut her off.

"...What?" She blinked.