二十五

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞⎡ 𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞
⎡ 𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎 ⎦

꧁꧂

(Y/N) flinched when a harsh, invading light entered her senses, her eyes widening when she looked up to see a bright blue sky rather than a dark one full of stars. Her memories of a blue sky were never this strong, nor this real. Tears pricked at her eyes from the sight, the pure joy she felt at the situation practically overwhelming her. Kenji still stood beside her, frantically trying to figure out what was wrong.

    "I'm fine, Kenji-san," she sniffled softly, looking fully at him and seeing that it was indeed the Kenji from her long-forgotten memories. "I'm just... really happy right now."

    I knew him...

    I knew him before being a demon... and we have stayed by each other's side ever since...

    A smile grew over (Y/N)'s face in the real world, her head propped against Kyojuro's shoulder, pure bliss coming over her in her dreamlike state. The man from atop the train was in the next car—more so, his hand was in the next car. The conductor who had clipped the tickets kneeled in front of the disembodied hand, his forehead to the floor in the a prostrating and desperate bow.

    "I did as I was told!" He yelled, tears streaming down his cheeks. "I punched their tickets and put them to sleep! Please! Put me to sleep, too! Please let me be reunited with my dead wife and daughter! I'm begging you..."

    "Of course," the mouth on the demon's hand parted to speak, one blue eye peering up at him. "You did a good job. Go to sleep."

    In an instant, the conductor slumped over.

    "Have a nice dream where you can meet your family," the demon continued eerily.

    "Excuse me," a soft voice came from behind him, the hand turning to look at the four children behind him, two girls and two boys, all sickly pale and with eyes akin to death—the first girl was the one that had spoken. "What do you want us to do?"

    "Their slumber will grow deeper in a little while—wait here until then," he commanded, all four of them nodding in understanding. "After all, perceptive Demon Slayers wake up sensing the presence of bloodthirsty souls. When you tie the ropes, be careful not to touch their bodies. Wait until we're all ready... so that you can have a blissful dream."

    "Okay," the children affirmed.

    Before scuttling to the first car, the demon's hand stopped on the outside of the window facing where Kyojuro and (Y/N) sat, the man with a stoic expression and his arms folded while the other was leaning against his shoulder smiling happily. The demon didn't pay any mind to the Hashira, instead completely and solely focused on (Y/N). The demon's main body frowned, his arms clasped tightly behind his back as he tried to sort out exactly who she was.