𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧  ⎡ 𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒕𝒉 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 
⎡ 𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒕𝒉 ⎦

꧁꧂

Rui knew immediately that he could not defeat Sanemi. No Lower Moon would be able to withstand an attack from Hashira, no matter who they were, and what their Blood Demon Art was—it was just a fact. He knew that he couldn't properly save (Y/N) and Kenji like he'd done so many times before with other pitiful demons.

His eyes narrowed.

    But now...

    Now... there's something I want.

    His blue eyes burned into (Y/N)'s form, not wanting to tear them away for a second. He could tell that she wasn't strong in the typical sense, but there was something there—something that he could barely sense brimming within her. However, he didn't want her for her strength, instead for those humane emotions she possessed, those complex feelings that seemed to evade him.

She can feel warmth.

    She can feel happiness.

    She can grow... to love me. She'd protect me because of that love. She'd be mine.

    My sibling.

    (Y/N) could practically see Rui's mind whirring at that point, occasionally glancing upwards to see that Sanemi too was still perched high in the trees glaring down at them. She could sense some hesitance, but not much. She knew that he'd waste no time in killing all of them, wondering why he wasn't using this opportunity of distraction to do so.

Maybe it's amusing to him...

To see demons grow attached to one another when it's so uncommon.

Is that why?

"Will you kill us if I don't comply?" (Y/N) then asked Rui softly, her regeneration finally complete so she could stand, gripping Kenji's hand tightly. "Or... would you let us escape?"

"I will take you be force, if necessary," he responded, completely lacking any empathy as his hands moved away from each other, the threads between them pulling taut. "I'm not going to risk the chance of such a good sibling slipping from my grasp. If you try to escape, you will hang in the sun as punishment."