十九

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧   ⎡ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧  
⎡ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 ⎦

꧁꧂

He wants to know... why Kenji-san abandoned me? But... he didn't.

(Y/N) stared at Gyutaro for a moment before he motioned for her to shift her sitting position so that she was now in front of him, the woman doing as he said and stiffening ever so slightly when feeling his fingers and a brush comb through her hair with a steady stroke. For some reason, a sense of calm and ease washed through her, allowing her once tense muscles to relax.

"Kenji-san... my brother... didn't abandon me," she finally murmured as she allowed her her gaze to fall to her lap, her fingers fiddling with one another as she struggled to form the words that lay heavy on her tongue. "I... abandoned him first."

"You did?" Gyutaro's hands stopped, his eyes narrowing. "Why?"

"I met a young demon... Rui... who was part of the Lower Moons, and... I had to leave Kenji-san for Rui to save him," (Y/N) confessed, pulling her legs up to her chest and letting her chin rest on her arms that folded over her knees. "I shouldn't have. He's... the only family I have. The only one that loves me as much as I love him. And now... now he's gone."

"Rui... you say?" Gyutaro resumed combing her hair, finding the silky strands soft and pleasant to feel, unlike his own hair that he viewed as unkempt and dirty. "Muzan-sama killed all the Lower Moons after his defeat... were you there when he died?"

(Y/N) stiffened once more when he so casually let that man's name slip from his lips, but tried hard to ignore it as she answered, "No... I was not."

"So, you don't know who killed him?"

"No."

"That's a shame... Rui was one of Muzan-sama's favorites," he mumbled, unaware that such a phrase made (Y/N) shift uncomfortably. "I'm sure he would have liked to have that Demon Slayer's blood on his hands in return."

Daki, jealous that her brother's attention was on another, noticed immediately.

What's this?

Was she... disgusted?

Yes... she was... and she hates that—that's why she left. She cannot stomach the taste of devouring humans.