四十八

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭⎡ 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
⎡ 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 ⎦

꧁꧂

Gyutaro and Tengen fought with vigor, their clashing blades, the crackling blaze of the fire, and the townspeople's screams being the only sounds in the night air. From such sounds of battle and chaos, Daki, Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu—who was somehow sleeping again—were attracted to the fight, everywhere there being violence and destruction.

    Then there was (Y/N), frozen.

    She could hear the moon laughing down at her as she watched the poison from Gyutaro's sickles work its way through Tengen's body from the constant cuts that were inflicted upon him, tearing his very skin apart. The worst was probably over his left eye which was closed shut from where it was sliced through, blood that of the brightest scarlet marring his face. Not only that, but Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu were losing ground by Daki's obi.

    Finally, there were the screams.

    They were so loud, grating in (Y/N)'s ears like nails on a chalkboard.

    She hated such a sound, and had always hated it. As she stood there wishing for everything to just still, she didn't notice the faint white light that pulsed from around her nor the marks on her (S/C) skin that grew violently over her arm and neck. However, the ones around her noticed due to how bright said light was shining, shouting at her to come to her senses yet nothing working.

    She just wanted peace.

    Silence.

    No, all she wanted was to be at ease with Kenji beside her as he always was.

    The light that had been steadily growing finally released from her body, thrumming through the ground, the air, and towards everything around her. People froze in their actions, the blaze of the fires stopped, and what she most desperately wanted was finally reached: pure silence.

    She didn't revel in this.

    "My, my," a silk-like, smooth voice drawled from behind her. "I certainly wasn't expecting this at all, but I'm far from disappointed."

    (Y/N) could feel the blood in her veins chill, the hairs on the back of her neck standing up while every instinct within her begged her to run. After all, just from the aura alone of the one behind her, she knew exactly who they were. Slowly lifting her head, craning her neck so she could peer around her shoulder, she locked eyes with him.