三十一

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞⎡ 𝑻𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞
⎡ 𝑻𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 ⎦

꧁꧂

    The moment Kyojuro's eyes opened was the moment his gaze connected with (Y/N)'s. Her body was shrouded in the shadow of the toppled train so as not to burn from the rising sun, the rays of light however bouncing off the dew-covered leaves and grass that reflected so brilliantly in her eyes. His lips couldn't help but curve into a small smile as he raised his hand to cup her cheek, his touch surprising her yet she making not move to push him away, instead relaxing as the rough skin of his thumb caressed her skin.

"Thank you, (L/N)-san," he mumbled, the pure gratitude and admiration he felt towards her shown so clearly in his gentle expression. "Because of you, because you held out against Akaza, no one died... including myself and young Kamado. I am forever grateful, and deeply indebted."

"No, I... I honestly don't remember doing such things," (Y/N) shook her head as she delicately moved Kyojuro's hand back down so as not to strain him. "It was as if I was in a liquid where everything was muted and nothing was for sure. I had no control over my own body. What I do know... is that the moon was a factor."

"The moon?"

"Yes," she nodded. "I believe it is the source of where my power comes from—my Blood Demon Art, that is." Hesitating, she then continued, "But... you also played a role."

Kyojuro blinked, puzzled.

By that point, Tanjiro had also knelt beside them, having been glaring into the darkness of the forest where Akaza had disappeared, cursing and shouting at the demon for attacking them so remorselessly before fleeing so cowardly. His red eyes, however, were now softer than the piercing blades they were before when staring at Akaza, instead his entire focus on both Kyojuro and (Y/N)—the two who were brilliant in his eyes.

He now gazed at her expectantly, urging her to go on with his kind smile.

"Rengoku-san, you are the one that is supposed to kill demons—that is supposed to kill me," (Y/N) continued after a soft breath and with a sad smile, the look almost blindly beautiful to Kyojuro. "But, you didn't. You gave me your trust, your companionship, and your friendship. You didn't just look at me as a demon. So, to think that someone as great as you would die... I couldn't stand the thought." Shaking her head vigorously, her grip on his hand tightening, she then said, "You are too good for this world. That is why it still needs you."