四十七

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧⎡ 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
⎡ 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 ⎦

꧁꧂

    Traveling to every single attacked town which Tengen had traced leading back to the Yoshiwara Entertainment District, (Y/N) could always sense that familiar, lingering presence. No matter where she went, it was always there, sensing a type of longing and desperation from the irrevocable damaged that was displayed.

    After a few days, she finally understood why when she saw him again.

    Fires blazed around her.

    Smoke and ash scattered in the air.

    Screams crescendoed into a chorus.

    Their eyes locked.

    She inhaled sharply.

    It's... Gyutaro...

    In a matter of moments, Gyutaro's entire expression shifted into one of absolute obsessive relief when he saw her, practically tearing through anyone and any debris in his way to reach her. When he did, his hand stretched out to her, time seeming to slow as they looked into each other's eyes. Finally, he wrapped his arms around her and brought her to his chest, his grip around her tightening to the point it was suffocating.

    "You're here..." he murmured softly, as if in disbelief. "You're really here..."

"Hello, Gyutaro..." (Y/N) greeted him.

"Why did you leave?" He then demanded as he pulled away, his fingernails digging into her skin like that would force the answer out of her. "Without any goodbye nor warning... you just left. Why?"

Her lips parted to speak, yet nothing escaped.

What could she say to him?

It was true that she had abandoned him, so she couldn't deny anything of what he said. She had to find Kenji, her brother—her only family who had stayed beside her. Her eyes then flit around at the carnage surrounding her, flames flickering and licking up into the air whilst people cried for the loss of their home and loved ones. Tengen, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke were nowhere to be found, (Y/N) having lost them in the chaos.

Chaos caused by Gyutaro who tore the town apart seemingly in search of her.

"I missed you..." Gyutaro murmured as he pulled her back into a tight embrace, snapping her from her thoughts, the bones of his ribs jutting into her stomach when his arms wound taut around her. "You're precious to me... perhaps now that I'm seeing you again, I've realized you're far more important than first thought..."