二十一

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞⎡ 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞
⎡ 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 ⎦

꧁꧂

The Hashira whom (Y/N) had encountered stared at her after she had asked him to heed caution, the contempt in her voice when speaking about demons not falling on deaf ears. As he crossed his arms over his broad chest and tilted his head to the side, and as he looked into her eyes, he couldn't help but he reminded of the young Demon Slayer whom he had met merely a month ago claiming that his demon sister was good and would never eat a human.

He could tell.

Those blazing (E/C) eyes gave no indicator that she desired to kill, just like that Demon Slayer's sister—it was a startling coincidence.

"I see!" The man then nodded in affirmation, his stance straightening, however his grip on his sword not waning. "I can tell by your aura that you do not have the strength of a demon that's eaten humans... but there is something still there."

"I don't eat humans," (Y/N) stated firmly once more, grimacing as if disgusted by the mere mention of such a thing. "But... I do need their blood."

"So... you take their blood?"

She glanced down to her feet, nodding.

"I see," he said again, his flaming hair shifting as he then glanced around to the open fields before them, to their right the gleaming metal of the train tracks shining from the starry night. "Since you are a demon capable of speech, tell me. Have you seen another demon around here? I don't sense any other demonic aura besides yours."

(Y/N) was surprised.

Another demon?

I wonder how strong there are for a Hashira to be tailing them...

"I haven't," she shook her head, answering truthfully, not seeming to notice the amazement on the Hashira's face that she seemed so willing to speak with and help him. "If there were any demons around here, I wouldn't be here at all. You know how... feral my species is. We don't take too kindly for those that wander into our territory."

"I see... then, why are you here?" He questioned, his piercing yellow stare making her want to shift uncomfortably. "No matter if it's just because you are passing through, I certainly cannot let you go, demon, since that is what you are. If you lie to me, or tell the truth, we will find out soon enough."