𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭  ⎡ 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒖𝒆 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
⎡ 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒖𝒆 ⎦

꧁꧂

    (Y/N) didn't know she was moving until she stood before Rui once again, his shocked blue eyes staring into her own with equal amounts of wonder and admiration. Although she had ran away with Kenji, when glancing over her shoulder to see Rui struggling, she had to intervene. Now staring down at Sanemi who was lying facedown on the ground unconscious, she was thankful to see that although his breathing was light, he was still alive.

It meant that she had not killed him.

Letting out a sigh of relief, having only been thinking of saving Rui, she stepped over Sanemi's body so she could gently grasp the young demon's shoulders.

"There," (Y/N) smiled softly at Rui, finding his awe-filled stare almost adorable as he gazed up at her. "I protected you. I thank you for distracting the Hashira long enough so I was able to successfully knock him unconscious. Now... now you can stay alive... with me."

I have to placate him.

He is stronger, no matter his size or how child-like he looks.

He's a Lower Moon.

I... I have to be careful if I want Kenji-san and myself to stay alive.

"You... came back for me..." Rui spoke with clear astonishment, obviously having not been expecting such a thing. "How... why... you could have run away from this... from me... they all try to at some point... so I get rid of them... they weren't enough..."

"Rui..." (Y/N) spoke softly, cutting off his mumbling. "If I am to be your sibling, how could I abandon you?"

In an instant, his whole demeanor shifted.

His eyes formed that of crescent moons when he looked up at her, tears steadily dripping from them as he engulfed her in a tight hug. A stranger like her had shown more affection and love towards him than any one of his supposed family members. As he hugged her tight, something in his mind clicked—something that made him consider her to be the only member of his family.

He didn't need the others.

He only needed her.

Since his threads were scattered around the forest, his family members wandering within, he only looked up from where he had buried his face in her clothing to pull his hand back and force the threads to become taut. Already he was able to feel their blood spill and their cries be cut short.