五十二

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨⎡ 𝑺𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨
⎡ 𝑺𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 ⎦

꧁꧂

"You," Kokushibo's voice broke (Y/N) from her thoughts, his voice like a shotgun blast that asily broke through the lingering and suffocating silence. "What did you do?"

    "I apologize, Lord Kokushibo," she murmured softly, not even daring to meet his terrifying gaze. "I don't understand your question."

    "I see," was all he uttered lowly as he folded his arms over his chest, staring down at her with those impassive eyes of his that made it impossible to guess what he was thinking. "Then I will elaborate: You're weak; insignificant. How you even were able to rise through the ranks so quickly is all because of Muzan-sama giving you his blood. What I don't think is adequate is why he even gave you the chance."

(Y/N)'s eyes lidded.

What he's saying is true.

I am weak.

I was weak for ever giving up my humanity.

"That man wants to control my power, which is why he gave me his blood, but you already know this, don't you?" She let out a slow breath as she willed her muscles to stop trembling. "But... I never wanted to be here, nor did I want any of this. All I want... is to be with my brother again."

"Your... brother?"

"We parted on a decision I made, and I wish I did not go through with it," she admitted, not noticing the growing tension within Kokushibo's form, his entire body seeming to tense despite how emotionless his face remained. "That was so many months ago, and I've still yet to find him. I hate being away from him."

    She finally fell silent.

    "Your brother..." Kokushibo turned away from her whilst gripping his sword tighter, the steel glimmering in the oil-powered light. "...is the one who protects you, isn't he? Is the one that's stronger? Is the one that always wants to be near you?"

    (Y/N) didn't answer, but she didn't have to.

    "How pathetic, as usual," his lips parted into a snarl, willing himself not to see him in her visage. "Your reliance on him when you could be stronger... it means you will never be better than him."