四十三

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞⎡ 𝑻𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
⎡ 𝑻𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓 ⎦

꧁꧂

"You let her go!?" Muzan hissed, swiftly turning around to face Douma. "I've been searching for her... yet you found her so easily."

    The man had been in the area where Douma was, so he decided to see if he had found any leads on where the Blue-Spider Lily could be. Instead, when scouring through the depths of his mind, he found something entirely different. Shaking his head in disbelief, his red eyes seeming to glow in the moonless night, Muzan's scowl deepened.

    Currently, the two were in the home where Douma had devoured all the women and then slaughtered the remaining men. Blood still painted the floor yet he didn't care as he knelt before his master, his grin never seeming to fade even as he looked up into the other's disappointed gaze. He didn't understand why (Y/N) was so important, yet now that he did know, he would dedicate himself to tracking her down, just like how was doing for the Blue-Spider Lily.

    "I apologize, Muzan-sama," Douma professed, the effervescent glimmer to his multicolored eyes seeming to spark. "How should I make it up to you? How should I punish myself? That would surely please you, wouldn't it?"

    "I don't need your pain," Muzan's lips curled into a sneer, the look sending a shiver down Douma's spine. "What I want is her."

    "Then I will find her for you, Muzan-sama."

    "See to it that you do," he turned around, the snow crunching under his footfalls as he disappeared into the blackness of the night.

    The intimidating aura that Muzan had brought with him faded, the tight cinch in Douma's chest finally loosening. An eerie grin slowly began to paint along his lips the longer he stared out into the forest where Muzan had disappeared, his mind then flashing back to when he had encountered (Y/N) only a few nights ago. Using the pad of his thumb to wipe the excess of blood that still stained the corner of his lip, his tongue slathered the remaining ruby liquid up as his smirk returned.

Oh, how fun!

That little moon demon... I finally remember now where I've seen her before.

Douma's eyes curved when recalling that night some ten years ago—that night when two intruders had found their way into his temple. Although he didn't know her or her brother by name, it was (Y/N) and Kenji without a doubt. Considering he had been away searching for the Blue-Spider Lily as per Muzan's demands, he hadn't been at the temple that night, meaning by the time he returned, he was only able to catch a glimpse of (Y/N) and Kenji before they fled, leaving nothing but chaos in their wake. Bodies upon bodies were discovered inside, each half-eaten and ravaged.