三十八

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭⎡ 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕 ⎦

⎡ 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕 ⎦

꧁꧂

    "Tomioka-san, do I... know you?" (Y/N) questioned as she too then took a step closer to him, noticing how his eyes seemed to widen at the fact. "I mean, did I know you? You're the Water Hashira... so that means you use the same breathing style as Tanjiro-kun, right? Is your teacher perhaps... Urokodaki Sakonji?"

    "Yes! Do you remember?" Giyu questioned in hope whilst reaching out and grabbing the sides of her arms tightly, his expression full of desperation. "W-Why didn't you say anything? Do you know how much I—" Cutting himself off when noticing what he was doing, he then abruptly let her go before muttering softly, "Sorry, it's just... how come it seems... that you still don't recognize me?"

    The look in (Y/N)'s eyes told him everything.

    She still didn't remember him.

    "Tomioka-san, I—" she tried to speak.

    "Please..." he interrupted her, his once stoic expression quickly crumbling. "Could you... call me Giyu again... the way you used to?"

    (Y/N) inhaled sharply.

    Like I used to...?

    So I did know him, I've just forgotten.

    "Yes, Giyu... um... I only heard of Urokodaki Sakonji today from Tanjiro-kun," she shook her head almost remorsefully so as she laced her fingers together in front of her. "I apologize that I can't remember you or what happened between us. Recently, I've come to realize that I can't remember many things, it seems..."

    Giyu reached out as if to try and comfort her, yet stopped halfway and retracted his hand, his dark hair ruffling as he turned his head away.

    "I... see," was all he said.

    "Regardless, can I ask how you know me? I became a demon well before you were born, so..." (Y/N) trailed off, unsure of how to continue at first, so unsure of everything at the moment. "So... how did we meet? Could you perhaps tell me? I... want to know more about my past."

    What Enmu showed me...

    What I saw...