四十

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲⎡ 𝑻𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒓 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲
⎡ 𝑻𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒓 ⎦

꧁꧂

A type of dread like never before clawed through (Y/N) like a wave and made her bolt upright in pure fear from her once blissful sleep, adrenaline pumping through her all the while. As she frantically searched around her, she found herself in the same spot where she had fallen asleep, Kyojuro and Giyu on opposite sides of her still sleeping peacefully. In that moment she realized nothing was wrong. Letting out a breath, her contracted muscles relaxed as she once more sank down to the ground, curling into herself before closing her eyes.

    I didn't like that dream.

  It was as if I were drowning.

    Shivering to herself, she eventually did fall back asleep, yet it was a restless one. The next time she awoke, Kyojuro was there to state that the sun had finally sunken below the earth. By the third night, they eventually reached Urokodaki's house, the small building a bit old and weathered but strong looking enough to support its foundation. Giyu knocked on the door and stated his presence, and no sooner did the last words leave his lips did the door swing open.

    However, the old man standing in the doorway wasn't looking at his former pupil.

    He was looking at (Y/N).

    The tengu mask he wore covered any sort of expression that he could have had and any defining facial features, but from the trembling of his hands, (Y/N) could infer that he was feeling a strong swell of equally strong emotions. What they were, she didn't know, yet when he engulfed her in an unexpected hug, she had her answer.

    "(Y/N)," his voice softened as he pulled away, his weathered hands resting lightly on her shoulders. "It's good to see you again."

    (Y/N)'s lips parted, but she had no words.

    I was right.

    I do know them.

    "Master..." Giyu stepped forward, gaining Sakonji's attention and making him let go of (Y/N), his arms dropping back to his sides. "She doesn't remember us, that's why I brought her here. Whatever you did, whatever hypnosis you used... it's still in effect even after ten years."

    "Wait... I'm under hypnosis?" (Y/N)'s eyes widened from the sudden information.

    "Yes... it's best if we talk more inside," Sakonji sighed whilst gesturing for them to follow him inside before lacing both hands behind his back, his form slightly hunched as he led them further into his home. "Would you like some tea?"