三十六

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱⎡ 𝑨𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒚 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱
⎡ 𝑨𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒚 ⎦

꧁꧂

    Curled up on a futon, the blanket clutched tightly in her hands, (Y/N) tried falling asleep. Tossing and turning, the room she was in dark and not letting in any sun, nothing seemed to be enough. Glancing to her right, her eye caught on the recently found flower pin that Sanemi had returned to her, reluctantly sliding herself out of the warm embrace of the futon to pick it up. Letting her fingers trace every curve and detail, her mind painfully reminded her that Kenji was not with her.

    It's okay, since... now the Demon Slayer Corps are helping me.

    I miss Kenji-san.

    I miss Tamayo-sama and Yushiro-san.

I wonder when I'll see them again?

So caught up in her own thoughts, she almost didn't hear the knock that resounded throughout the small space. Glancing through the shaded window to see that the day was indeed already seeping into the evening, many hours having passed since she had given up on sleeping, she hesitantly slid open the door to find Shinobu and Mitsuri standing there. Both gave her bright smiles, but Mitsuri's looked a little more real and a little more friendlier than Shinobu's, her smile not quite reaching her eyes.

"Ara, ara," Shinobu then hummed whilst placing the pads of her fingers to her mouth. "It seems we have woken you up—our apologies."

"Ah... no," (Y/N) smiled crookedly, obviously looking a little languid. "Actually, I couldn't sleep, so you didn't disturb me. Can I help you with something? I'm not sure I'll be useful, but... whatever it is you need me for, I can assist, especially after you've allowed me to stay here despite the fact that I am a demon."

"Y-You're too cute!" Mitsuri blurted, startling both the other women and making a fiery blush explode across her cheeks.

"Oh, thank you," she grateful accepted the compliment, catching the Love Hashira by surprise. "You're also very cute as well. You're... Kanroji Mitsuri, yes? And Kochou Shinobu? I recall your names from when Ubuyashiki-sama was talking to you. It's very nice to officially meet you."

"As am I," the Insect Hashira fluttered her lashes in greeting, the purple hue of her eyes however quite blank and unfeeling.

(Y/N) frowned.

She smells... melancholic.