五十

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲
⎡ 𝑷𝒊𝒕𝒚 ⎦

꧁꧂

    Tanjiro, Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Tengen stood over the pile of ash which was once Daki, the sun's rays having fully consumed the last of her life force. She had been so full of vigor and had been so adamant on fighting that seeing her accept death startled all of them. Nezuko had already retreated to her box after healing Tengen of the poison within his body, the pink flames she emitted burning the demonic irregularities away. Even healed, though, Tengen let out a long and disappointed sigh at the outcome of his mission, finding such a battle all but stemmed from (Y/N) whom he had once marked as insignificant.

    I was wrong.

    Very wrong.

    Tengen's pink eyes flickered, finding (Y/N)'s position in the conflict between demons and humans entirely strange.

    She has a role in this.

    A major role.

    I intend to find out what that is.

    "Well, it looks like there's nothing that can be done since a part of Upper Moon Six has already died," Tengen then exhaled softly as he sheathed his two swords behind his back before placing a hand on his hip. "And we cannot go out looking for (L/N) like this. We should rest at the Butterfly mansion and recuperate before embarking on this rescue mission. That way, we will replenish our strength and be able to face any surprises the other demon might have in store for us—especially now that we know what we are up against."

    "It'll be easier without the distraction of the weird worm lady!" Inosuke pointed out, clapping Zenitsu on the back who was still sound asleep.

    "That may be the case, Inosuke, but it's still sad..." Tanjiro murmured whilst gently picking up Nezuko's box to slide it onto his shoulders, his checkered haori fluttering with the action.

    "Don't feel too much pity for that demon," Tengen shook his head, the usual clatter from his hanging jeweled beads no longer present, a bit annoyed actually from their absence since they were hand crafted. "She may have looked young and beautiful... but she had lived for many years. And within those many years, she had probably consumed over hundreds of people."

    "I'm not excusing those actions, I just feel pity towards her as a brother, since... her own brother abandoned her," he mumbled, his hand hovering protectively over Nezuko's box.