二十二

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨⎡ 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨
⎡ 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 ⎦

꧁꧂

The Hashira sheathed his sword as the demon slowly started to disintegrate, his cries of aggravation and curses slowly fading away until stopping completely when melding into the night. (Y/N) could merely shake her head at the demon's existence whilst slowly rubbing her arms, for once able to feel the chill in the air.

    She then noticed the Hashira's stare.

    "What?" She tentatively questioned.

    "You... protected me," he spoke, practically breathing out the word from how stunned he was.

    "Demons like him deserve no mercy from me," she responded with a slow sigh, finding that she too as a demon should be shown no mercy after what she has done. "And... Hashira, I'd be grateful if you didn't kill me. I need to find my brother. I don't think I can leave this world without meeting him again."

    "I have no intention to kill you," he proclaimed, once more crossing his arms over his chest, his stance widening.

    "You... don't?"

    "I have to confess that I've met a demon like yourself before... one that even a Demon Slayer accompanies because she is his sister," he spoke, watching as (Y/N)'s entire visage lit up at the fact that there were other demons who were good. "This demons does not eat humans, but she doesn't drink their blood, either."

    (Y/N) flinched.

    Such words were sounding.

"I see..." was all she responded with, her gaze traveling to the ground. "She must sleep all the time, I'm guessing."

    "Yes, she spends most hours resting in bed."

    "Then, if I am to be killed eventually because I do consume a human's blood... I want to invest every moment I can to be with my brother before that happens," (Y/N) murmured softly as she placed a hand to her heart and lowered her head. "For your sake, because you too protected me, I'll refrain from drinking blood and instead invest in sleep to maintain my energy. I can stand that much if there's a chance I can find my brother."

    Her eyes flicked up.

    And there, that same smile that she had seen before fell onto the Hashira's lips again, his eyes closing as he let out a small chuckle.