五十一

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞⎡ 𝑽𝒐𝒘 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞
⎡ 𝑽𝒐𝒘 ⎦

꧁꧂

"Hello again, (Y/N)."

At the sound of her name, (Y/N) slowly opened her eyes and immediately flinched from the blinding overhead lights that appeared. As her blurred vision started to focus, she found Muzan standing over her with a pleased smile on his face, his hands laced behind his back whilst his red eyes pierced through hers. Her entire body stiffened until what felt like instinctual muscle movements pulled her from the floor to crouch like an animal defensively before him with wide eyes full of fear.

"Prostrate yourself before me," Muzan declared with a tone full of authority—a tone so sure of himself that it was obvious he was a man who was used to getting what he wanted.

With that, (Y/N) kneeled in front of him, her body jerking on its own.

"I must say..." he started, his smile widening. "I am thoroughly impressed with your... abilities. Once a weak and lowly demon, you've now been able to make Daki—an Upper Rank—abandon her will to live altogether... it's truly amazing, isn't it?" Spreading his arms wide into a grand gesture, not seeming to care at all about the life that was lost, he exclaimed, "Truly, your capabilities astound me."

(Y/N)'s fingers twitched.

"How you managed to persuade Gyutaro to ever leave her astounds me since they were quite... attached to each other," Muzan then hummed, his eyes narrowing when he couldn't peer into her mind. "No matter. What's done is done."

"Muzan-sama," a voice spoke up that pulled Muzan's gaze away from (Y/N), the tone deep and imposing yet calm and gentle—almost like the quiet pattering of rain against glass. "You bringing her here... what is the reason? She killed an Upper Rank... if not to in turn kill her, please enlighten me as to your plans for her."

"I do not need my motives to be questioned, Kokushibo," Muzan's frown deepened.

Turning her head ever so slightly to glance upwards at the figure that emerged from the darkness, (Y/N)'s fists tightened. The speaker was a tall, muscular man who wore a purple and black patterned nagagi kimono tied with a white uwa-obi, a sword attached to his waist. His long dark hair tipped with bright red was tied up, the most notable feature about him were his six eyes which held red sclera and yellow irises. The kanji for 'Upper Rank One' was engraved into the middle set of eyes, accentuated by the dark red, flame-like markings curling down his forehead and up his jaw.